• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Everyone thinks Steichen is the answer just because of one good game. 

2 great years with the Eagles not only putting points up but developing Hurts, and before that he developed Herbert (who's game has faltered a bit since Steichen left). Steichen is a great candidate, probably the best of all the young OCs in the mix.

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I don’t have a subscription but according to ppl that have read this, the growing belief is that Payton does not have the lead in Denver. 

I do.

It's Person saying it, and he's basing it on the belief that the cost to acquire Payton (in terms of money, draft picks and power) is going to be too high for all involved...including us.

Based on the latest speculation from Albright and others, that might be true.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I do.

It's Person saying it, and he's basing it on the belief that the cost to acquire Payton (in terms of money, draft picks and power) is going to be too high for all involved...including us.

Based on the latest speculation from Albright and others, that might be true.

That's what it looks like. I think Albright is wrong about Denver being the only ones interested but I don't think Tepper is all that interested if that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Did everyone take Albright’s word when he was saying we were getting Watson, why do they take his word now? 

Albright can be hit or miss when it comes to the Panthers, but most of the stuff he's saying about Payton right now is also being said by others.

9 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Think he was usually between 25 and 30ppg with the Colts

2018: 27ppg, 8th in point differential

2019: 22.5ppg, 17th in point differential (Brissett at QB; first post-Luck year)

2020: 28ppg, 8th in point differential (Rivers at QB)

2021: 26.5ppg, 7th in point differential (Wentz at QB)

2022: 14.7ppg, last in point differential (Ryan/Ehlinger at QB) - this is where the wheels fell off, although not sure how much of that is Reich's fault

Honestly, think there are worse hires out there than Reich. My order of preference is probably Steichen, Payton, Reich, Wilks of the candidates we've got left.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 3

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

Honestly, think there are worse hires out there than Reich. My order of preference is probably Steichen, Payton, Reich, Wilks of the candidates we've got left.

This is mine too

If Wilks were to bring Reich on as OC it would help soften the massive blow of hiring Wilks as HC but that is still my worst case scenario 

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Right. He was still pounding that drum literally seconds before the Browns swooped in and landed him.

Wasn't it literally the equivalent of a photo-finish with the last second call to Tepper to see if he'd match Cleveland's offer? It's understandable that it was missed. Everyone was shocked at Cleveland--no one called that one.

• Pie 2