• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

Just now, ForJimmy said:

You don’t see one in this draft? They have been predicting 3-4 could be gone before we pick at 9. It’s almost certain 2 will be gone. 

Doesn't make them Franchise QBs.  Hell, Zack Wilson went No. 2 and Trey Lance #3 and are they franchise QBs.   Just because they are predicted to go early doesn't make them Franchise QBs.  Just means teams are desperate for a QB. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He'll be great at that. Former QB, former QB coach, former HC.

Who was he the QB coach for? I know he did it for veteran Peyton Manning which doesn’t seem to mean much. He had Wentz and Foles looking great in Philadelphia with the Eagles as their OC.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

You don’t see one in this draft? They have been predicting 3-4 could be gone before we pick at 9. It’s almost certain 2 will be gone. 

Every ranking I've seen has only 2 qb's going before we pick at 9. Depending on which one you choose to use we either get Stroud or Levis at 9. I think everyone needs to chill on the trade up talk.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lady Cowboy Fan has already indicated that she'll be pissed off at me if the Panthers take Moore away from the Cowboys 😬

There's a few (very knowledgeable) Eagles fans on the Canes board I go on - they think he's an incredible OC and want him out of the division.

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Doesn't make them Franchise QBs.  Hell, Zack Wilson went No. 2 and Trey Lance #3 and are they franchise QBs.   Just because they are predicted to go early doesn't make them Franchise QBs.  Just means teams are desperate for a QB. 

Teams are desperate for a QB every single year.

including last year.

Wilson and Lance went that high because they had that high a grade plus had the tools/traits.

vs last year, the league showed just what they thought of those QBs with most falling to the 3rd before anyone would touch them.

there’s a reason this exact time last year before pro days etc.  everyone drooled over Young and Stroud telling everyone they’d be Top 5 in last years draft if eligible.  Kind of the same way people are drooling over Maye and Williams this year after 1 season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

FYI: As I understand it, the comment about Shane Steichen is just an observation. It's not confirmed that the Panthers want a second interview with him.

As Mike Kaye pointed out though, if the team continues into the weekend without making a hire, It could indicate they're waiting on Steichen.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know why they tried to run it again after the TO.

Then again, when I saw the pass, I did immediately think that wasn't where Dak was probably supposed to go with the ball.

Imagine watching that happen with a Cowboy fan at your side 😬