• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interview Thread IV: A New Hope

Ricky Spanish

12 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Honestly with this division Wilks probably wins it at 9-8 and sticks around alternating 7 and 9 win seasons till we grow tired of him.

Every previous time a division has been won by a sub-.500 team (and Tampa finished 8-9), the following season the division winner had at least 10 wins. It's a tiny sample size, but thus far, it's been consistent. 

That trend doesn't support assuming 9-8 will win the division.

Example: Here's the last three years of NFC East champions:

2020 - 7-9

2021 - 12-4

2022 - 14-2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So apparently it wasn't a case of "the Panthers suck" 😕

Ryans played for Houston so it makes sense. Denver’s players fit his scheme and I could see him being a fit there too. Nothing insidious. Needs to be a fit for both parties. Something Tepper is hopefully learning. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, PantherMan89 said:

From everything I’ve read publicly, it’s Reich. From what I heard from my sometimes inside team source (and yes I really have one but it’s not as plugged in as it used to be) this might not be over today and there’s another dark horse interviewing. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, hepcat said:

From everything I’ve read publicly, it’s Reich. From what I heard from my sometimes inside team source (and yes I really have one but it’s not as plugged in as it used to be) this might not be over today and there’s another dark horse interviewing. 

RETURN OF THE RHULE

North Carolina Idk GIF by Carolina PanthersNfl Reaction GIF by Carolina PanthersNorth Carolina Football GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I feel a hire is incoming.  Tepper is too damn impatient

i think any of the people we've got lined up for 2nd interviews are an upgrade over the past couple HCs. get wilks teamed up with a good OC and he's definitely better than rivera. 

i see wilks as the floor for this group of prospects and by that i mean no disrespect because i think he's still a few notches above rhule for sure and i think with him we're competitive. 

keeln moore is a wildcard for me. i really don't know what to expect. i mean he doesn't look like he's even old enough to shave, but he's got a lot of experience as OC...more than most of the other guys we were looking at, but just how easy would it be for the rest of the team to line up behind him willingly? 

wilks has the players. reich would win them over easily. 

i just kind of like the idea of having a guy that doesn't need a learning curve as a HC and if that guy is an offensive guy with a good bit of success, especially in less than ideal situations, then bring him in. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1