• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Not that I've seen. I know a couple of the ones he previously worked with aren't in the league anymore (something of a consequence of having been around for a long time)

I seen Rusty Jones, but I believe hes retired....... for me this hire is just as important as ANY. Players spent more time with the strength coach than any other coach. It matters.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I seen Rusty Jones, but I believe hes retired....... for me this hire is just as important as ANY. Players spent more time with the strength coach than any other coach. It matters.

No connection that I know of, but I wouldn't mind bringing back our old buddy "House" (Joe Kenn).

Excited to finally know who the head coach is as well as the next chapter of Panther football. We'll see if this is the offensive coaching hire that fans have clamored for.

I'm most eager now, like most fans, to see who he populates his coaching staff with. Fingers, toes, eyes, and ears are crossed that Campen and Tabor are retained. Foreman has an opportunity to stick around, and dare I say Matt Corral has a fair shot? ...Along with any other QBs that Reich deems necessary to bring in, of course.

Man... if Vic Fangio signs as the DC... omg... Would it be too much to believe at least until the draft before we have excuses to slip back into madness? 😮

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Reich was not my first choice, but as I have tried to make clear, I did not sit in on the interviews.  Just for grins, when I saw that he was hired I pulled up a highlight reel from the 1992 Bills-Oilers playoff game.

I have learned a lot from reading this thread, though.

• Reich is too old for the job.  Because of his age, the most he will last here is 5-10 years, as opposed to the league norm of 15-20 years
  • He also had a losing record at Indy of 40-33-1
  • His worst year was his last year, where he went 4-12 in his nine games
  • Rivera was the second coming on Bill Walsh, despite the disparity in success
  • Bill Belichick sucks as a HC, despite his .708 winning percentage with the Pats
  • Reich is already a failure since we have no QB yet.  What is he waiting for?
  • My theory that the human species has always had the same amount of aggregate intelligence, we are now just splitting it up among 8 billion people probably has some merit.

My favorite post, however, is this one from @ncfan

68345F6A-3259-4220-B133-EA5D4E98E000.jpeg

That, folks, is a picture.

That's a power beard if I have ever seen one....

6 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Reich was not my first choice, but as I have tried to make clear, I did not sit in on the interviews.  Just for grins, when I saw that he was hired I pulled up a highlight reel from the 1992 Bills-Oilers playoff game.

I have learned a lot from reading this thread, though.

• Reich is too old for the job.  Because of his age, the most he will last here is 5-10 years, as opposed to the league norm of 15-20 years
  • He also had a losing record at Indy of 40-33-1
  • His worst year was his last year, where he went 4-12 in his nine games
  • Rivera was the second coming on Bill Walsh, despite the disparity in success
  • Bill Belichick sucks as a HC, despite his .708 winning percentage with the Pats
  • Reich is already a failure since we have no QB yet.  What is he waiting for?
  • My theory that the human species has always had the same amount of aggregate intelligence, we are now just splitting it up among 8 billion people probably has some merit.

My favorite post, however, is this one from @ncfan

68345F6A-3259-4220-B133-EA5D4E98E000.jpeg

That, folks, is a picture.

That pic reminds me of this game changing one review-the-lighthouse-is-a-claustrophobic-decent-into-complete-madness-social.thumb.jpg.b21c541cd7a20b53d8d9eef304ac934c.jpg

"YEEeeee fancEy my topf ten offenses, don't Yuu???!?!?! "

• Pie 1