• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[Warren Sapp] Bears are trading Justin Fields to draft Bryce Young

thunderraiden

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

one QB always falls. these dudes in front of us are going to go the vet route. another team will reach for some rando. I've seen this movie before.

Hmm…wishful thinking IMO.  The top 3 guys are going very early IMO.  I think it is basically a sure thing the first 2 picks will be QB.

Edited by Shocker

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/4124033376d9f7a9b20f62e1d12dd18dd00b5b9ef3deff5611969d1dfb5de3b1/1280/https://media3.giphy.com/media/1hysxrrMojM3GhSG7A/200.gif

That would be soooooooooooooooo stupid. 

CJ Stroud, yes. Trading significant draft capitol on the hope of this guy being Kyler Murray light is a thing of pipe dreams.

Someone get their pipes and check what they're smoking.

It's not different than fans wanting to draft the next Cam Newton.  How about we draft the next new qb that everyone else will be dying for? I like that idea better because the other guys are one-off and will never be made again.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It's not different than fans wanting to draft the next Cam Newton.  How about we draft the next new qb that everyone else will be dying for? I like that idea better because the other guys are one-off and will never be made again.  

Cam is a generational talent. There is no other Cam Newton.

Josh Allen maybe but Cam wasn't just a good runner he was an ELITE runner in the open field delivering blows.

Richardson is a reach if people "see" Cam Newton they must be squinting really hard to really blur his image to make themselves believe it because the stats, the dominance isn't there.

Pure potential, and that "potential" has to survive in and adapt to the NFL which is already a huge physical, mental learning curve.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Show your work.

Hes 1-3 in the post season while averaging 55% completion percentage and 225 passing yards.  Hes thrown 3 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in those games.  Hes rushed for 1 touchdown and had 5 fumbles.  He only lost 2 of those which still puts him at 4 touchdowns and 7 turnovers in his 4 playoff games. 

10 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

VERY hard pass

Zero interest in Fields, he’s an even worse passer than Lamar and will want a huge contract after next year.

I’ve said from the start that the Bears should trade him and start a new clock on a QB contract extension with one with better passing upside, but that’s also why I wouldn’t want us to take him on.

He's Cam Newton bought from Wish.

5 hours ago, frankw said:

What would they do with two QB's from the top ten and no oline? Bears are looking for maximum trade value they're playing the smoke and mirrors game. If we want the pick their open for business but they aren't going to give us a sweetheart deal.

Bears oline is actually vastly underrated. It's one of the better units in the NFL

22 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Fitt never wanted Fields. It's no leap to say he still doesn't want him.

Rhule didn't want Fields.

The general belief is that Fitterer didn't either but It's also possible he just ultimately tagged along because Rhule had final say and was known to just keep badgering people till they "agreed" with whatever he wanted to do.

Doubt we'll ever know if Fitterer felt any different but it doesn't really matter now.