• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Do Over

Mr. Scot

I've stated before, and will state again, that I don't believe the NFL is rigged.

This particular incident though was an example of absolutely gross incompetence. It easily goes down as one of the worst things I've seen in over fifty years of watching football.

I won't be at all surprised if somebody is fired over it. You could make a pretty good argument that somebody should be.

• Pie 8

It's good when something that is so inexcusable happens because it actually drives change. This could be the 'fail-mary' that gets change in NFL officiating. They are grossly incompetent and it's hurting the game.

Can only imagine the poo storm if that same play had resulted in a pick 6, or long touchdown.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We watched Cam Newton's head get treated like a piñata during SB50 when blows to the head of a QB was the point of emphasis that year. Then, just to prove a point, we watched the same thing happen again on opening day of 2016.

There won't be any consequences. There never are.

There aren't always "consequences", but occasionally there is scapegoating.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There aren't always "consequences", but occasionally there is scapegoating.

On the controversial KC third down, the official's rational for the redo was the game clock had started at the same time as the play clock.  It shouldn't have (the previous play was an incomplete pass).  Yet, you can clearly hear the Head Official tell the time keeper prior to the original play to "reset both the play clock and game clock and start them on his signal", which is what the time keeper did. 

The Head Official was the one who screwed up and created the controversy.   

The problem with the officiating in the game was that it all went one way. The chiefs held multiple times, it’s wasn’t called. Burrow got hit late and it wasn’t called, Chase got interfered with and it wasn’t called. Meanwhile the chiefs were getting everything 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We watched Cam Newton's head get treated like a piñata during SB50 when blows to the head of a QB was the point of emphasis that year. Then, just to prove a point, we watched the same thing happen again on opening day of 2016.

I hated for the team and all of the fans. It felt disgusting to watch, over and over.
I can't imagine what kind of taste it left in Cam's mouth.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've stated before, and will state again, that I don't believe the NFL is rigged.

This particular incident though was an example of absolutely gross incompetence. It easily goes down as one of the worst things I've seen in over fifty years of watching football.

I won't be at all surprised if somebody is fired over it. You could make a pretty good argument that somebody should be.

If my first time ever watching a football game was last night.   You couldn’t convince me otherwise that the game was scripted like the wwe

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is what made me be done with giving NFL more views and only stick to panther games. I had a suspicion refs rig games for a while and after all that, it was blatantly obvious to me.