• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The "running QB" has a huge opportunity this Super Bowl

GOAT

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I am not sure why you feel this is an argument. I stated that the Eagles have given up the same amount of sacks as the Bengals. 44. The Eagles have given up the 11th most sacks in the NFL. They give up sacks.

However, you think thats my expertise... and suggest that PFF grades means this isnt true... this is a really weird debate.

I don't see anything weird about it you used sacks as a measure to say the Eagles oline is as bad as the Bengals oline but I think that was at minimum hyperbole. We can disagree though it's fine.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

not once did I use the word "bad" ... you came up with that on your own.

Well you certainly weren't suggesting their oline was good by hammering home your point about them giving up as many sacks as the Bengals. What other conclusion is there to be made? I'm getting the sense you are a bit of a Mahomes fan so I see where this is coming from downplaying the Eagles. Enjoy the game man.

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well you certainly weren't suggesting their oline was good by hammering home your point about them giving up as many sacks as the Bengals. What other conclusion is there to be made? I'm getting the sense you are a bit of a Mahomes fan so I see where this is coming from downplaying the Eagles. Enjoy the game man.

I dont know why you are taking this so peronsally, but yes enjoy the game. 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

Super Bowl QB's have always been known to have pocket presence, some with some ability to escape. For the most part though, you're seeing a guy stand tall in the pocket and deliver passes rather than juking guys out and bruising into the end zone. 

Our own Cam Newton couldn't get it done, and continued the conversation of "can a dual threat QB win the Super Bowl?". Yes, Russ and Mahomes have some wheels and can create some circus plays with their feet - but after watching Hurts yesterday I can safely say I haven't seen a bruising / running QB like that since Cam.

Hurts can definitely sling it, but if he's able to win a super bowl with his gifted legs - it may put the old stereo type to bed that that sort of QB can't win a Super Bowl. 

Makes you open to a QB like Richardson perhaps, if a team can cater their playbook to that style and obviously execute in the other departments - it may be the new recipe to success.

I've been saying that I enjoy watching Hurts because its so reminiscent of Cam.  Lamar is a shifty runner, but Hurts is a power runner, and like Cam, he actually can run power, thats hugely useful from the QB position.

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I really dont see a path where the Eagles win this game. However, any given Sunday.

They have the more complete team, and it's probably the best in the NFL this season. They have a better running game, probably better receivers, a better O-line, a better D-line, and likely the best cornerback duo in football. I really don't see why you can't see a path to them winning. I can see it clearly.

Edited by top dawg

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The fact that Philly can run and pass plus has a nasty defense is why they are going to win. If you can stop the chiefs running game and limit yards after the catch, you can stop Mahomes especially on a gimpy leg.

I think if the Eagles can jump out to some quick scores, Andy Reid will stop the Chiefs running game.  He bails on the run game SO quick.  Always has.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The fact that Philly can run and pass plus has a nasty defense is why they are going to win. If you can stop the chiefs running game and limit yards after the catch, you can stop Mahomes especially on a gimpy leg.

Particularly Mahomes without Tyreek. Mahomes is an amazing talent and still arguably the best QB n the league but that offense has definitely looked much more mortal the psat 2 seasons than in the past.

• Pie 1