• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want? (Public Poll)

Brooklyn 3.0

Who do you want? (Public Poll)  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the Panthers to draft in the 2023 NFL Draft?

Stroud because I think Young will be more expensive to get and while he's also a great prospect I don't see him as being better than Stroud. Would be happy with either though. I was higher on Levis before but don't care for him at 9 now. Richardson in the 2nd sure, not at 9.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Young missed one game in college playing SEC competition. Everybody, not matter how large or small, has only so many hits they can take. In wrestling they call it a bump card. Young has shown that he's more durable than fragile so far.

The whole SEC thing gates me.  Granted Bama didn't win the SEC this year, but a close second.  Bama still has one of the best (top 3) rosters in all of college football.  Yes, even in the SEC, Bama still towers over most the the League

Young will have to deal with defenses that just as good as LSU and Georgia every week, and won't see a Vandy and SC drop off in talent throughout the season.

Again, his small stature scares me and I don't think he'll last long in the League.  Kyler Murray is bigger and dude stays hurt.

If we’re trading up

Stroud or Young

if we stand at 9, Levis 

if we can move down a little.  ARich

If we get a Brian Johnson and Reich pairing, I’d be comfortable in taking a high upside guy like Levis or Richardson.  But would still prefer Stroud/Young.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The whole SEC thing gates me.  Granted Bama didn't win the SEC this year, but a close second.  Bama still has one of the best (top 3) rosters in all of college football.  Yes, even in the SEC, Bama still towers over most the the League

Young will have to deal with defenses that just as good as LSU and Georgia every week, and won't see a Vandy and SC drop off in talent throughout the season.

Again, his small stature scares me and I don't think he'll last long in the League.  Kyler Murray is bigger and dude stays hurt.

The SEC is basically the NFL's farm system and generally gets the majority of the best prospects. That's why people bring it up so much.

Young has played well against the LSU and Georgia defenses. 2021 game logs. 2022 game logs. So, I think he can handle playing against NFL defenses.

Every human body is different. Just because two people are similar in size, doesn't mean they'll both stay injured.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

The SEC is basically the NFL's farm system and generally gets the majority of the best prospects. That's why people bring it up so much.

Young has played well against the LSU and Georgia defenses. 2021 game logs. 2022 game logs. So, I think he can handle playing against NFL defenses.

Every human body is different. Just because two people are similar in size, doesn't mean they'll both stay injured.

As you said, hits add up and logic says the smaller the frame, the fewer hits the person can take before wearing down.  It's why in boxing feather weights don't box heavy weights.  Even Cam Newton eventually broke down.

I'd rather roll with a FA QB on a 2-3 year deal, surround him with weapons and take a QB next draft.  I wouldn't mind a flyer pick with a QB with that round 5 pick (or later if we accumulate some later picks in a trade.)  We have too have too many holes and lacking the bevy of picks to move up this draft.