• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Payton to Broncos

KyaKona

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Bradley Chubb?  He was the #5 pick in the draft not 29th.  Guess I am missing something here

Broncos traded chubb to the phins for one of their 1st(I think it was the last 1st form the 49er deal). It was 29th this year, member they trade all the picks for russy...

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Broncos traded chubb to the phins for one of their 1st(I think it was the last 1st form the 49er deal). It was 29th this year, member they trade all the picks for russy...

Yeah just noticed that.  Chubb has been pretty average so not a bad deal if you like Sean Payton

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Yeah just noticed that.  Chubb has been pretty average so not a bad deal if you like Sean Payton

Late first and future 2nd........after theyve been fumbling the coaching circuit?? I hate it, but this was like pulling your backup parachute and it works....

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I guess Shane Steichen must not have impressed too much in interviews. On paper rolling the dice with Steichen (or Kafka) and keeping your 1st round pick seems better than having Sean Payton but I guess I can't totally blame them for not wanting to take another chance on an offensive coordinator with no head coaching experience.

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ben Albright wasn't a fan of this because he noted that a lot of what makes Payton's system work are some things that Russell Wilson isn't really that good at.

How much of Payton's "system" was because he designed his offense around what Drew Brees could do?  And does he have the ability to adjust his "system" to another qb.  Fwiw, Payton made Teddy Bridgewater and Jameis Winston look better, albeit it short stints.  Can he do the same with Wilson?  I guess we will find out.  

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

How much of Payton's "system" was because he designed his offense around what Drew Brees could do?  And does he have the ability to adjust his "system" to another qb.  Fwiw, Payton made Teddy Bridgewater and Jameis Winston look better, albeit it short stints.  Can he do the same with Wilson?  I guess we will find out.  

That's the operative question.