• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Top 100 Free Agents and their projected contract

Captain Morgan

I would love for the Panthers to obtain Jacoby Brissett as a bridge QB until Corall or a QB they draft develops.

QB JACOBY BRISSETT, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Contract Projection: Two years, $16 million ($8M per year); $11 million total guaranteed

Brissett proved to be a great choice for the Browns as their interim quarterback in 2022, and he doesn’t get enough credit for his solid play through the first 11 games. His 75.2 passing grade ranked 12th among quarterbacks with at least 100 attempts on the season, and he placed in the top 10 in big-time throw rate (4.9%). 

Brissett should once again become one of the highest-paid backup quarterbacks in the NFL if he doesn’t get a shot as a bridge starting quarterback.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

55 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I would love for the Panthers to obtain Jacoby Brissett as a bridge QB until Corall or a QB they draft develops.

QB JACOBY BRISSETT, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Contract Projection: Two years, $16 million ($8M per year); $11 million total guaranteed

Brissett proved to be a great choice for the Browns as their interim quarterback in 2022, and he doesn’t get enough credit for his solid play through the first 11 games. His 75.2 passing grade ranked 12th among quarterbacks with at least 100 attempts on the season, and he placed in the top 10 in big-time throw rate (4.9%). 

Brissett should once again become one of the highest-paid backup quarterbacks in the NFL if he doesn’t get a shot as a bridge starting quarterback.

As long as he and Reich had a good relationship, I almost expect it to happen. It would make too much sense. 

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

Man how I'd love to see Jessie Bates in Panthers colors. This team has neglected the Safety position for too long. When you have a beast at safety it changes your whole scheme 

Yeah that’s the one player I’d love to have that I know there is no way in hell we will. We’d legit have a top 2-3 secondary with him back there and our other DBs healthy. 

• Flames 1

Dalton Schultz would be a nice grab. We want to run the ball, but we need that guy to be reliable in the middle of the field as well and Ian Thomas just ain't it. Rookie QB in particular use TE like security blankets because of their strength, catch radius, and lower risk of interceptions being covered by LB. We need to invest in that position and ideally a veteran. Jadaveon Clowney might also bring some heat with Burns on the other side and push up the middle from Brown. Tony Pollard would be an interesting add as a pass catching option in the backfield and changeup to Foreman. Mike Gesicki would be a good fall back option at TE. Foster Moreau could be a sleeper there too. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Holy Jack rabbit shet…that is a mint for Lamar…

Contract Projection: Five years, $260 million ($52M per year); $208 million total guaranteed

$52M per year projected for Lamar. $40M per projected for Geno. $40M projected for Daniel Jones. These QB contracts are getting insane.  

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I'd like to see us grab Austin Hooper and Poona Ford from the list, if we can get them for a bit below what they are saying the asking price is.

Not that we've got a lot of spending money to walk around with... where did it all go??? Dead cap, man.  CMC I can see and understand where it came from, good players get good contracts and there's always some jiggering it around. Now the $9 mill in dead cap for Robbie Anderson... that's a hanging offense just about. Daaaang.

Bad contracts and extending/backloading them to create space every year put you into a deeper and deeper hole every year.

If you don't eventually bite the bullet you're going to have some horrendously huge cap hits when you eventually get to the end of those backloaded deals 

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, tecc86 said:

You're delusional if you think Jones is in any league near Derek Carr...

You're delusional if you think Derek Carr is better than Daniel Jones.

Carr has 1 playoff game on his entire resume.

Jones took a team with no weapons outside of Saquan to the playoffs.

Carr took a team with the best WR and a top 5 TE nowhere.

This Carr hype is hilarious dude has won nothing in this league. There is a reason he is available.

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You're delusional if you think Derek Carr is better than Daniel Jones.

Carr has 1 playoff game on his entire resume.

Jones took a team with no weapons outside of Saquan to the playoffs.

Carr took a team with the best WR and a top 5 TE nowhere.

This Carr hype is hilarious dude has won nothing in this league. There is a reason he is available.

Lol...the only thing that would make Jones better than Carr fir us  would be a cheap contract.Niether one are affordable but Carr is head and shoulders above Jones as a QB.

11 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I'd like to see us grab Austin Hooper and Poona Ford from the list, if we can get them for a bit below what they are saying the asking price is.

Not that we've got a lot of spending money to walk around with... where did it all go??? Dead cap, man.  CMC I can see and understand where it came from, good players get good contracts and there's always some jiggering it around. Now the $9 mill in dead cap for Robbie Anderson... that's a hanging offense just about. Daaaang.

That Robbiey Anderson Contract was stupid--I said it at the time.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2