• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox’s Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen More Than Lived Up to the Big Moment in Super Bowl LVII (SI)

ladypanther

Just found this.  If Brady moves to the # 1 team...it costs Greg $7mil a year.

As for Olsen, the prevailing wisdom is he may get a raw deal. We are a long-run contrarian on this point of view. He is 37 and is making around $10 million a year. When Brady arrives, Olsen will be slotted down to the No. 2 spot on Fox’s depth chart and will make in the $3 million range. That is still a tremendous job.

But Olsen has his future in his hands. His contract, according to sources, allows him to leave if there is a No. 1 job around.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/01/tom-brady-greg-olsen-drama-looms-with-375-million-fox-contract/

Romo should be nervous.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Just found this.  If Brady moves to the # 1 team...it costs Greg $7mil a year.

As for Olsen, the prevailing wisdom is he may get a raw deal. We are a long-run contrarian on this point of view. He is 37 and is making around $10 million a year. When Brady arrives, Olsen will be slotted down to the No. 2 spot on Fox’s depth chart and will make in the $3 million range. That is still a tremendous job.

But Olsen has his future in his hands. His contract, according to sources, allows him to leave if there is a No. 1 job around.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/01/tom-brady-greg-olsen-drama-looms-with-375-million-fox-contract/

Romo should be nervous.

And Fox should be ashamed.

Demoting Olsen at this point would be moronic.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Spectacular they better keep this combo for a long time to come. Brady doesn’t strike me as being a booth guy. Are we sure the position is for a booth and not for the desk when one of the old farts retires for good? 

Speaking of Fox Sports NFL Desk, it is time for Terry Bradshaw to be put out to pasture.  His question and answer session on the Super Bowl post game podium was next to useless if not cringe worthy.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Just look at a lot of his interviews and whatnot. He isn't a very charismatic guy. He's a little weird.

He never really struck me in his pressers as a guy I could listen to talk football for hours. Greg just talks football like one of the guys you would hang out with and that makes for very good announcing. 

• Beer 1

Possibly unpopular opinion but I just don't care at all about announcers these days, I don't think any of them are good and I rarely pay any attention to what they have to say. Sometimes even mute them. This is for all sports not just football. Very happy for Greg, it's great he's getting positive recognition and carving out a nice post-NFL career for himself. But I just don't care any more for his announcing than any of the others.

My favorite "commentating" the last 2 years has actually been the MNF Manningcast. They're not trying to call the game or have the rehearsed over the top hype for random stuff for both teams, just 2 goofy dudes who know a crap ton about the sport and have great brotherly banter and interesting guests on the show. Not trying to appease networks or make a boring game seem great or a great game seem greater than it really is.