• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tight Ends in 2023

RenoCarolina

Listening to Greg and watching Kelce and Goedert make big play after big play had me both reminiscing and wondering how early we target a TE in the draft or FA.  Can Tremble be that guy?  I saw a few plays this year that raised my hopes but a TE really has to earn trust and be on the field for running downs also to be the effective safety valve for championship style offenses that we saw last night.

Should we invest pick 39 in a TE or go after the TE's from Dallas or Miami?  Tremble will be on the roster but not sure who else.  Does Fitt plan on elevating Tremble or elevating a vet FA? I am assuming Thomas is gone?

Kelce lead the Chiefs in catches last night, Goedert was tied for second for the Eagles.  We need to draft a TE and probably go after a decent FA, not a pricey one though like Schultz and Gesiki.  Thomas is a lost cause and Tremble is more of H-back than a true TE.  Time for an upgrade.

• Pie 1

It's a really awesome TE class and there's some quality receiving FAs like Shultz and Geisicke.  

Post Maher in the draft:

Kincaid & Musgrave look really interesting.  Huge upside.

Washington has a ton of potential.

Whyle & Craft have NFL careers ahead, both have a lot to like.  

Schoonmaker is reportedly liked by many scouts.  Huge mountain of a man, a bit like prime Cam Brate.

And I'm keeping my eye on the Minny and Clemson kids as well.  Some really good TE prospects.

• Pie 2

Tremble would be a phenomenal TE2 that can run with a lot of the 12/22 personnel that Reich/Duce would probably desire. As banged up as TEs get, Tremble could also sneak in as a low-end TE1 when needed.

If we don't have to cough up 39 in a trade-up, I hope we land Musgrave/Kincaid/Kraft. 

This offense has needed a TE since Olsen left. Tremble + a TE1 would be a nice return to the Olsen/Shockey production.

2 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Very deep exciting TE class. Shouldn't have a problem getting one if we want one

Yep.  TE & RB have two of the deepest class at their positions I've seen in a very long time.  

WR might be a bit of a mixed bag, but good overall year to want some weapons.