• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wasn't too impressed with Steichen's play calling

top dawg

Steichen really kept calling some of the same plays over and over again, and didn't seem to make any outstanding adjustments to me. Just saying. I wasn't impressed. I mean, it's great to stack up your wins and pad the resumé in the regular season, but you make the big money on the big stage. He may not be the wunderkind of a HC that people believe that he could be. I am more impressed by Ben Johnson's and Mike Kafka's creativiry.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Not gonna lie, feels like a weird thread when the Eagles O put up 35 points, 25 first downs, and 400+ yards with the only turnover being their QB just flat out dropping the ball. The Eagles D cost them that game.

Don't be silly clearly 1 call by the refs determined the outcome of the game.

Philly's offense was a juggernaut in the first half and had KC on the ropes.

The turnover returned for a TD kept KC in the game.

Second half, Chiefs came out of the locker room determined to impose their will on the Eagles.  They simply refused to go down without a fight. 

The tale of two halves.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Steichen really kept calling some of the same plays over and over again, and didn't seem to make any outstanding adjustments to me. Just saying. I wasn't impressed. I mean, it's great to stack up your wins and pad the resumé in the regular season, but you make the big money on the big stage. He may not be the wunderkind of a HC that people believe that he could be. I am more impressed by Ben Johnson's and Mike Kafka's creativiry.

They put 35 points last night. And unlike KC, they didn't get the benefit of having the defense score a touchdown. The offense was clicking last night in a lot of areas.

I thought Steichen did rely too much on the runs between the tackles. They weren't effective. The running backs seemed more productive when they attacked the edges of the defense.  Then again he may have abandoned the run game because he didn't feel it was going to be effective that day.

If you subtract Jalen's carries, the RB stat line for the team was 17 carries/45 Yards...less than 3 yards per carry. If you took away Patrick's carries the Chiefs stat line was 20 carries/114 yards...that's 5.7 yards per carry. A more effective running game in the 2nd half would have controlled the clock, kept Mahomes on the bench, and give the defense some time to rest. The lack of the running game and the Eagles inability to really pressure Mahomes (the y didn't record 1 sack) were the biggest surprises for me last night.

• Pie 3