• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say the Bears go QB at #1 and trade Justin Fields...

CamWhoaaCam

Do we still try to trade up for the 3 QB's that would be available or do we go after Fields?

Call me crazy but I would go after Justin Fields especially if the Bears take CJ Stroud #1 overall. Fields is already shown flashes even on a bad team. People question his ability to pass but if you watch the Bears you can see the kid is running for his life behind that Oline and he literally has nothing to throw to on offense. He's basically on a bad team with no help. I think in a new situation he can become a more consistent passer like he shown at Ohio State. The kid just needs a decent Oline and he will be scary in this league.

What would you do if the Bears go QB at #1?

I'd rather have CJ or Young. Toss up with AR. Cost of acquiring Fields could be a deal breaker. Would rather have Fields than Levis. 

It all depends on what we would have to give up. 

Honestly, though, if we can get away with not trading for a QB or really anyone...i'd be happy. Drafting is most preferable. FA route is preferable to trading for a player. I'd just rather stay away from trading for anyone. More likely to backfire.

My preferences would be -

Fields

Stroud

AR/Young

Levis

I think giving up #9 + our second 2nd rounder + maybe a day 3 2024 pick would get us Fields. Imagining Fields behind our OL (re-signed Bozeman), a re-signed Foreman and leaders like Reich, Caldwell, McCown & Brown/JBC would take Fields' game to the next level. 

He was surrounded with trash in CHI. We don't have to give up as much to get into the Stroud/Young sweepstakes and have a QB that has had 2 years to polish his game. 

I wouldn’t trade 9 for him but parting with a 2nd (and maybe another lower pick) would be worth the gamble imo.

He is physically elite, and with the staff we are building, he would have more chance of success here than in Chicago of realizing potential. 

Even Fields for 9 is more tolerable to me than trading up for Levis or something. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I would hope our roster is in a better state than Chicago.

Right now. Sure. Check back after FA and a draft. They have a ton more money than anyone. And will end up with a haul of picks for #1. They have the resources to get better very quickly. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Right now. Sure. Check back after FA and a draft. They have a ton more money than anyone. And will end up with a haul of picks for #1. They have the resources to get better very quickly. 

I was responding in reference to the comment about Fields losing close games last year. He wasn’t working with much. The fact he helped keep it close in some is respectable.

42 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I'd rather have CJ or Young. Toss up with AR. Cost of acquiring Fields could be a deal breaker. Would rather have Fields than Levis. 

It all depends on what we would have to give up. 

Honestly, though, if we can get away with not trading for a QB or really anyone...i'd be happy. Drafting is most preferable. FA route is preferable to trading for a player. I'd just rather stay away from trading for anyone. More likely to backfire.

The problem with sitting back at #9 is none of those QB's will be available. I don't think Rodgers or Lamar ends up on any of those teams ahead of us that need a QB.

So if we want our guy we most likely have to trade up to get them.