• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I think Carr is young enough and you're going to have to commit enough to him contract wise that if you sign him you need to go all in on putting the best team around him that you can.

Carr is a 5-10 year guy. It just doesn't make sense to draft who you hope is a franchise guy this year and sign Carr.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Carr is a 5-10 year guy. It just doesn't make sense to draft who you hope is a franchise guy this year and sign Carr.

If that's what he wants then the Panthers are out. They might, might consider 3 years with incentives baked in. If he's looking for more than that I doubt we are seriously interested.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Same.

I think the most popular route among those who do want Carr is to sign him but still take a QB at #9 (or higher)

yeah, but that isn't a likely position Carolina would take.  

You get Carr and you are committing to making this the Carr Panthers.  Therefore that #9 isn't a QB.   You are tryin to win with Carr, not build around a top QB prospect.   The resources would be used to aid Carr's team. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Big picture? I don't think it changes the big picture plans at all. It would just give them a little breathing room to get the rookie pick right.

I think it does.  You sign Carr, then you need to use those resources on aiding him.  Not drafting a QB.  Because while a low end version of it....he is a plug in and try to win QB.   

I don't get the Carr and draft a talented rookie QB narrative working together.  

Breathing room to get the rookie pick right? We have been waiting since Cam got hurt.   This franchise has had nothing but time and room.  There is no perfect storm you can keep waiting on. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

We been building a bridge for 3 years.

How long does the bridge have to be?

We all know Carr is not a franchise QB. So why pay him 30mil a year to take us nowhere?

Go draft our franchise QB and stop taking everyone else trash. These teams move from these QB's for a reason. Only Stafford has worked out on a new team and that's because he was traded to a damn superteam. We are not a superteam and Carr is not the answer.

Franchise QB is what we need. The bridge is done.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think it does.  You sign Carr, then you need to use those resources on aiding him.  Not drafting a QB.  Because while a low end version of it....he is a plug in and try to win QB.   

I don't get the Carr and draft a talented rookie QB narrative working together.  

Breathing room to get the rookie pick right? We have been waiting since Cam got hurt.   This franchise has had nothing but time and room.  There is no perfect storm you can keep waiting on. 

The only way Carr comes here is if he knows and accepts that his replacement is incoming this season or the next. If he wants to be the guy for years then it's not happening here. You can bet on that.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, but that isn't a likely position Carolina would take.  

You get Carr and you are committing to making this the Carr Panthers.  Therefore that #9 isn't a QB.   You are tryin to win with Carr, not build around a top QB prospect.   The resources would be used to aid Carr's team. 

I'm not sure that's true.

I am torn. I really want the QB of the future, but don't want to sell the farm (but would be willing to sell half the farm). Like Scott and some have said, I trust the current staff with whichever route they decide to go. Reich and some of these other coaches have a track record of getting the best out of the talent they have on hand, so maybe they make Carr look like a star, or at least a very capable QB.