• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

would you be opposed to moving back up for Bijan Robinson?

micnificent28

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Calculating the value of the picks after CMC is added and they ripped off 10 straight wins to end the regular season.

Classic huddle poo right there. 

If your GM doesn’t have an idea of where other teams might finish, when it will greatly affect your own teams assets, that’s on him. Problem is, the only teams that even thought about it weren’t going to come off a 1st or decent 2nd. 

It’s like turning down 3 premium picks and 25/yr to overpay a one dimensional DE. 

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Your argument is ridiculous,  the 49ers were 3-3 with an injured QB when we made the trade…no one knew what would happen.  Nice now to try to look smart but you weren’t the GM making the call in that moment.  You don't get to look smart now

BTW:  Toomer was the same guy that was swearing the Steelers would never take Pickett.  Called everyone an idiot for thinking so,  LOL

Post where I said anyone was an idiot regarding that you drunk little POS. How is this calling anyone anything. Your desperation has you making poo up again

Here is the only post I made discussing him being taken by Steelers. Specifically answering you question. Where is this idiot talk? Wanna take a guess who “pied” this post. Look in the mirror. 

On 3/19/2022 at 9:13 AM,  Shocker said: 

Hey, you would know the pulse of the Steelers much more than I would.  Do you think they are rolling with Mitch for now and no QBs in this draft?  The Marino thing is absurd, of course, so thats delusional.  Here is another article on a Tomlin/Pickett connection but who knows if any of these articles are even realistic…

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/kenny-pickett-pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-draft-2022

Expand  

If I had to guess, and it’s more of what I would do. I think they see what happens day one with the QBs and draft DL or CB at 20. Have to figure out if Tuitt is playing this year. Mitch is the perfect, low risk bridge and it’s much cheaper to jump up in 2nd if one they like falls. Just don’t think they want Pickett. Usually anything you hear about them in public is smokescreen. 
And 2nd is a more reasonable risk for Howell, Corral, Strong, Ridder. And if Mitch can’t thrive in this situation, he never will. 

Edited by Toomers

5 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

There are arguments to be made, but this is a poor one. 

It's one of many arguments against drafting and/or paying a RB like CMC. 

It's actually a shame that the franchise made these idiotic errors because it's a shadow over CMC's legacy here which is very unfair to him. All he did is show up, work hard and give the franchise everything he had. Unfortunately we piled the entire franchise onto his back once Cam's shoulder was shot. 

I'd rather resign Foreman. Him + Hubbard is a good combo at RB with Blackshear playing pretty well too in spots. Too many holes right now to get a RB this year unless is after the 5th round IMO. We need help at DE, Safety, WR, TE and obviously QB. I also think you have to take 1-2 offensive linemen a draft no matter what. These guys get injured a lot, need to be able to fill gaps. 

• Pie 1

this isn't going to happen, how is this 7 pages long?

we are re-signing Foreman. The social media team literally just shouted him out on all platforms. Social media tips our hand a lot if you pay attention. They gave them the greenlight to post that because they're going to make sure he is re-signed.

and if he wasn't? I will never advocate for drafting a RB high again. It never works out, the good teams always have late round backs or committee. I just watched the Chiefs win a super bowl with a 7th round rookie while their first round RB was a healthy scratch.

close thread. 

15 minutes ago, GOAT said:

this isn't going to happen, how is this 7 pages long?

we are re-signing Foreman. The social media team literally just shouted him out on all platforms. Social media tips our hand a lot if you pay attention. They gave them the greenlight to post that because they're going to make sure he is re-signed.

and if he wasn't? I will never advocate for drafting a RB high again. It never works out, the good teams always have late round backs or committee. I just watched the Chiefs win a super bowl with a 7th round rookie while their first round RB was a healthy scratch.

close thread. 

Just offseason discussion man....filling the time. 

11 hours ago, Toomers said:

If your GM doesn’t have an idea of where other teams might finish, when it will greatly affect your own teams assets, that’s on him. Problem is, the only teams that even thought about it weren’t going to come off a 1st or decent 2nd. 

It’s like turning down 3 premium picks and 25/yr to overpay a one dimensional DE. 

We had people insisting those three premium picks were going to be at or toward the end of their respective rounds.  They did not respond to the question of when they last saw the Rams.

I think most of us realized those were going to be top third, if not top quarter, of their respective rounds at least for this year and next. 

I get it, when you are trading the player you want to convince the other team their picks will be 28-32 of each round.  That's true whether the team is the 49ers, Rams, or Texans.  But internally, you have to understand (and act on) the most likely scenario.  Given not only the results but the reasons for the results and the likely trend of the respective teams, the 49ers were almost certainly offering end of round picks where the Rams were middle of the pack at best, and likely much lower.

Back to the original question, we have too many other needs to be thinking about drafting a RB in the first round.  I hope we get good enough everywhere else that picking a RB in the first round would be a reasonable thing to do.

Bijan Robinson is not a Reich/Staley RB

They want a 230 pound RB who easily is hidden behind the OL squats 800+ lbs, runs a 4.4 and catches 80% of his targets in stride.

The RBs in the 2023 draft that match a Reich/Staley RB are Zach Charbonet and Raschon Johnson. Taller than they like, but they are receiving threats, physical, and make defenders miss. Abanikanda would be the top Reich/Staley RB if he puts 5 to 10 lbs of weight on and runs a 40 in the 4.4 range. Abanikanda appears to play faster in game than his 4.5 40 time.

You will notice they want offensive skill position players that will physically wear down their one on one matchups in the passing game.

20 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Huge hypothetical here. It's a given QB is our biggest need and many things can happen there from a Carr signing to a Fields trade all the way to us moving up for Stroud or so. but say wr stayed at 9 and selected say Richardson, and kept all our ammunition. Would you be on board with selecting bijan robinson if he slipped into the 20s?

Let's remember Hubbard is the only other returning option as our current starter isnt under contract. RB is a need. Guy is hugely talented being compared to Barkley and given our questionable returns at RB i think it could be considered. What say you?

https://youtu.be/5Mmtfmqb0MI

Helllll no. Trading draft picks yet again? This time for a rb? Are you serious? Terrible idea. If you love him wait and see if he falls to our first second round pick. 

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Helllll no. Trading draft picks yet again? This time for a rb? Are you serious? Terrible idea. If you love him wait and see if he falls to our first second round pick. 

You dont get quality waiting on guys to fall. Robinson is an eliye talent and legit top 10 prospect. look what we have donr with second 3rd and so on picks the last decade even. most of them are bad to bust. quality over quantity.