• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The goofiest cornball coach in the NFL?

WarPanthers89

Opening pressers are hardly worth putting any sort of stock into and we don't need to look further back than some of the more recent "memorable" ones.  

Everyone on this board mocked Dan Campbell's presser with the biting the knee cap blurb. 

Everyone on this board laughed at what a bumbling buffon Nick Siriani sounded like in his opening presser. 

Lot of these guys its their first shot being "the guy" and a part of that is learning how to handle the media. I could care less if a guy has anxiety public speaking to the media or if he has awkward quirks or anything like that. Only thing I care about from my head coach is whether or no he is a good dude and whether or not he can coach his players. If the answer to both of those is yes, sign me up. 

• Pie 3

That video lol.  I guess the word about him and Steichen being a bit awkward is 100% true haha.

I will say, in the yt vids of their practices where the team showcased the staff, Gannon communicates, umm, let's just say, a bit differently.  He was out there speaking a different language.  It's like Kendall Roy cringe-festing his way through S1 of Succession, the football version.

But if it works, it works.  I just find it so easy to dislike the Cards.  Maybe it still stems back to the Delhomme implosion.

3 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Opening pressers are hardly worth putting any sort of stock into and we don't need to look further back than some of the more recent "memorable" ones.  

Everyone on this board mocked Dan Campbell's presser with the biting the knee cap blurb. 

Everyone on this board laughed at what a bumbling buffon Nick Siriani sounded like in his opening presser. 

Lot of these guys its their first shot being "the guy" and a part of that is learning how to handle the media. I could care less if a guy has anxiety public speaking to the media or if he has awkward quirks or anything like that. Only thing I care about from my head coach is whether or no he is a good dude and whether or not he can coach his players. If the answer to both of those is yes, sign me up. 

Everybody on the board? I  didn't. I could care less about antics during pressers; what matters is results on the field.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

That video lol.  I guess the word about him and Steichen being a bit awkward is 100% true haha.

I will say, in the yt vids of their practices where the team showcased the staff, Gannon communicates, umm, let's just say, a bit differently.  He was out there speaking a different language.  It's like Kendall Roy cringe-festing his way through S1 of Succession, the football version.

But if it works, it works.  I just find it so easy to dislike the Cards.  Maybe it still stems back to the Delhomme implosion.

The only two teams I hate are the Broncos and the Patriots.

I can't bring myself to dislike the Cards, they're just irrelevant to us in the grand scheme of things.

• Pie 2