• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT video on Evero hire

JawnyBlaze

This video is two weeks old, I just happened across it just now. Some decent stuff though. They point out stuff we already have discussed here, but one thing that stuck out to me was when Chris Simms said that he’s heard some things from within the Colts organization that the QBs they cycled through weren’t exactly Reich’s preferences.  One thing that made me roll my eyes was when they were assuming we’re switching straight to a 3-4 and how rough that’s going to be. 

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

This video is two weeks old, I just happened across it just now. Some decent stuff though. They point out stuff we already have discussed here, but one thing that stuck out to me was when Chris Simms said that he’s heard some things from within the Colts organization that the QBs they cycled through weren’t exactly Reich’s preferences.  One thing that made me roll my eyes was when they were assuming we’re switching straight to a 3-4 and how rough that’s going to be. 

Transition to 3-4 could be rough but on the other hand Brian Burns would go absolutely ballistic.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, shaq said:

Transition to 3-4 could be rough but on the other hand Brian Burns would go absolutely ballistic.

Yea not only do I think we’re more well suited for 3-4 than some (including the woman that brought it up in the video) think, but also I haven’t seen Evero come out and say we’re fully transitioning to 3-4. It seems like assumption that it’s definitely happening, when Evero has experience with the 4-3 as well and we could just as easily use both or even stay 4-3 for the time being. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

One thing that made me roll my eyes was when they were assuming we’re switching straight to a 3-4 and how rough that’s going to be.

yeah, i think too much of a thing has been made of this idea that Evero is going to be bringing in a 3-4. WHen you look at interviews of his and interviews about him, one thing that i've picked up on is that he fits the scheme to the players he has. just because he's worked more with the 3-4 doesn't mean that's all he does or could do well.

If he's as smart as he appears, he's going to be able to put something that fits who we have rather than force fit this team into a mold it doesn't quite fit in without a lot of adjusting. We've got a lot of talent here and he'll find a way to make it work and work well.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Who would choose a broken Wentz and a washed Ryan? They had better not been his first choice. Sometimes you still have to deal with what you got though. Unfortunately there aren't enough young potentially elite QBs to go around, much less elite ones.

Submitted for your approval, one narcissistic, mind-altered owner who thinks he is a football genius and thinks on another dimension.  It is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of (deluded) imagination. It is an area which we call the Jim Irsay's Twilight Zone.

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

yeah, i think too much of a thing has been made of this idea that Evero is going to be bringing in a 3-4. WHen you look at interviews of his and interviews about him, one thing that i've picked up on is that he fits the scheme to the players he has. just because he's worked more with the 3-4 doesn't mean that's all he does or could do well.

If he's as smart as he appears, he's going to be able to put something that fits who we have rather than force fit this team into a mold it doesn't quite fit in without a lot of adjusting. We've got a lot of talent here and he'll find a way to make it work and work well.

Plenty of 4 man fronts watching Broncos games from last year. It's not always traditional, sometimes it's 3 DE's in a nascar package, sometimes they send 5 or 6. Either way it's super aggressive

• Pie 1