• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers met with Hooker per report

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Be that as it may are you burning a 2nd on him?   I’m not and we already have a developmental qb from the 3rd.  Imo he should be off our draft board

So when does AR get playing time in the NFL? Week 1? I know we are both ok taking him at 9 who probably isn’t playing right away either. The Chiefs didn’t play Mahomes right away, Rodgers didn’t start right away. I don’t think those teams regretted burning a first on either QB. 

So we are going to dismiss the bad fill prior to Tenn and it's 1 read offense. When he was in the acc, he was pretty meh to bad. And it wasn't like he had some uber talented guys to beat out at VT. That OU/spread O hides QBs. His head coach at Tenn being a perfect example. He's old in prospect terms and from a QB friendly system. Wish him the best but if so eone else wants to spend a 2nd and take the risk, fine.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

So when does AR get playing time in the NFL? Week 1? I know we are both ok taking him at 9 who probably isn’t playing right away either. The Chiefs didn’t play Mahomes right away, Rodgers didn’t start right away. I don’t think those teams regretted burning a first on either QB. 

I think ar plays at some point his rookie year but to your point he is younger and not hurt.  I will trust the staffs plan when it comes to development I just think drafting a qb with a major injury in the 2nd or 3rd is not where this franchise is especially one with huge question marks coming from a basically one read gimmick system.   Hooker is not the answer.   You draft him in the 2nd.  Sit him for 2023 so essentially 2024 is his rookie year at 27.   I mean does that make sense to you?

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think ar plays at some point his rookie year but to your point he is younger and not hurt.  I will trust the staffs plan when it comes to development I just think drafting a qb with a major injury in the 2nd or 3rd is not where this franchise is especially one with huge question marks coming from a basically one read gimmick system.   Hooker is not the answer.   You draft him in the 2nd.  Sit him for 2023 so essentially 2024 is his rookie year at 27.   I mean does that make sense to you?

I guess the ACL injury doesn’t bother me if the staff likes him. ACL recovery has come a long way. The system UT runs is my biggest concern with him. I’ve seen several lobs up to wide open WRs where they slow down to adjust during UT games. I’m just saying the injury recovery isn’t as big of an issue as it seems. It just limits what teams can see from it pre-draft.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I guess the ACL injury doesn’t bother me if the staff likes him. ACL recovery has come a long way. The system UT runs is my biggest concern with him. I’ve seen several lobs up to wide open WRs where they slow down to adjust during UT games. I’m just saying the injury recovery isn’t as big of an issue as it seems. It just limits what teams can see from it pre-draft.

The injury is a huge deal.  You are basically buying an older used car with ball bearing issues already.  Can they be fixed?  Probably.  Is there a chance the wheel is effed up.  Sure potentially.  Now add that to his already shaky draft profile and the I say fug that.   Let someone else buy that lemon.  

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The injury is a huge deal.  You are basically buying an older used car with ball bearing issues already.  Can they be fixed?  Probably.  Is there a chance the wheel is effed up.  Sure potentially.  Now add that to his already shaky draft profile and the I say fug that.   Let someone else buy that lemon.  

Yes it can be fixed. Burrow tore his ACL and MCL his rookie year and looks fine. Watson tore his ACL and came back great. Hell TD tore his what 3 times? I understand the other issues, but he wasn’t going to start week one regardless IMO.

• Pie 1

I don’t know why the media keeps putting out the talking points of his agents.. Because he tore his ACL way Late in the season and in no way is he going to be ready for camp.. It takes at least a year and a half of rehab to feel normal not to mention the mental aspects of recovery.. I doubt he plays at all next year without seriously being at risk for re-injury.. And it will be year 2 before he feels normal on his knees..

Edited by WOW!!

8 hours ago, Castavar said:

I would 1000% rather draft Hendon than draft Levis tbh. Go look at their college numbers from last year, it's like night and day between the two.

Levis was a monster the prior season.  Kentucky was riddled with injuries this year.  Levis can play, don't be fooled.  He has talent.  Not saying he's who I'd want first, but we could certainly do worse.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Levis was a monster the prior season.  Kentucky was riddled with injuries this year.  Levis can play, don't be fooled.  He has talent.  Not saying he's who I'd want first, but we could certainly do worse.

"Talking about a body of work, a game that was his best, I need to see more and I need to see a lot more"- Levis stans favorite 2021 game broken down on the QB school

13 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

He’s not my top choice but I’d definitely rather have him over Richardson or Hooker. Most people that do this for a living agree.