• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agency coming up

Captain Obvious

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I used to get my haircut at the same spot Keenan and his dad would be at in Greensboro. His dad was a regular, but Keenan would come through from time to time. 

I saw that Allen was probably going to be cut. He’s still got some juice left in the tank, and would be a good target for our young QB. Hopefully, the price isn’t too high and we can bring him here.

Yeah I wouldn't overpay but it'd be a homecoming to a familiar offense and coach.  I quite like the fit.

He's also a really funny and solid dude.  Him and Okereke would be my two top targets, nothing too cray

Edited by Bear Hands

would love to land Singleton. he really broke out under Evero.

I went to high school with him and he's an incredible guy. I remember when he told me he was going to go to the NFL one day and I laughed at him. Can't believe he made it after all these years. Would love to see him in the black and blue!!!

2 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Mike Gesicki is my #1 target. I think he could blow up in our new offense if we can get a QB. His stats don't tell the whole story in Miami.

Exactly my sentiments.  27 years old--talented--should not cost too much.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, AggieLean said:

I used to get my haircut at the same spot Keenan and his dad would be at in Greensboro. His dad was a regular, but Keenan would come through from time to time. 

I saw that Allen was probably going to be cut. He’s still got some juice left in the tank, and would be a good target for our young QB. Hopefully, the price isn’t too high and we can bring him here.

I'm not opposed but man, he always seems to be dealing with soft tissue injuries and that field we have just makes me cringe.

• Pie 1

Gesicki seems like a Swiss Army knife to me. Can do some things well, but isn't great at anything. 

As a TE, his blocking is a liability. No other way to say it.

As a WR, he's not a burner.

However, by signing him, the Panthers accomplish two things - they sign a WR and a TE.

Gesicki seems to know how to get open, much like Greg Olsen did. Olsen was a great TE, but he was no burner. He developed into a competent blocker the older he got. It could be that Gesicki best fills that role.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I don't understand all the Gesicki love, I think he has JAG written all over him. If we're throwing money at TE Shultz is the guy. Underated TE in the NFL could really change the look of our offense. 

Bringing back Foreman and Bozeman probably top priority at this point. 

Some good mid range DL talent out there too so we can strengthen the line of scrimmage on Defense.

Jessie Bates is the guy I'd love to see as our safety under this defensive staff. Free up Chinn to be more in box safety with him roaming the back end knocking people's heads off

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not opposed but man, he always seems to be dealing with soft tissue injuries and that field we have just makes me cringe.

On the BOA turf, dude will be out by game 4. I have always been a fan of Allen, but I can't see a guy like him or Woods here given their age.

Campbell makes a bit of sense to see if he's finally turned a corner on the injury bug, but he too could feel the wrath of the turf monster. Ties to Reich and Parker are there too.

Chark at 6'4" 205 lb WR that runs a 4.3 40 is nothing to sneeze at. Familiarity with Duce too. Pricetag might be too rich for our blood.

Slayton could be a more affordable option. 

If we go draft, I'd also take a stab at Perry out of App St or maybe Tillman from Tennessee in the 2nd. I think Tillman is going to shine at the combine too.