• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd McShay seems to really like Anthony Richardson

Dorian Gray

Reich and the staff in place will know what AR is capable of.  He can have all the athletic ability in the world, but unless he can read defenses and understand the game at NFL speed he's a hard pass for me.

I think that's why Young and Levis to me are the "safest" choices, with Young having more talent and upside than Levis.

Stroud makes me nervous coming out of Ohio State's offense, but I believe he can be coached and has the ability to become a solid NFL QB.  AR scares me.

We got this coaching staff in place for a reason so I'll just trust they will do what is best.

8 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Serious time:

Other than those flashy highlight reels from YT ... just what is it about AR that is blinding some of you? He has barely played two full seasons of college ball. Where does this potential everyone hypes up come from? So much so, you claim he has the most potential out of any QB in the Draft (huge lol btw). Is he tall? Sure ... but not the tallest. Does he have the size? Sure ... but so do others. Does he have a good arm? Yep ... but so do others. Can he run it? Yep. Cool. So ... just what are you AR fans going off of? I really, really want to know.

I have never seen a group of people drool over someone who barely completes half their passes. It’s literally all because we had Cam and they think AR can be the next Cam. In reality, he’s not even close to being as polished as Cam was coming out of school. 

• Poo 1

People are on here acting like the AR like is some weird Huddle Cam crush thing? Todd McShay just mocked him to us? Many other mock drafts have him going in the top half of the first with several having us a 9 drafting him. He happens to be the 4th ranked QB by a lot of analysts and unless we trade up the 9 spot might be around that range. It’s not like people on here are just randomly loving this prospect. I think most prefer Stoud/Young over him but know that’s not realistic unless we trade up.

• Pie 2

Serious time:

Other than those flashy highlight reels from YT ... just what is it about AR that is blinding some of you? He has barely played two full seasons of college ball. Where does this potential everyone hypes up come from? So much so, you claim he has the most potential out of any QB in the Draft (huge lol btw). Is he tall? Sure ... but not the tallest. Does he have the size? Sure ... but so do others. Does he have a good arm? Yep ... but so do others. Can he run it? Yep. Cool. So ... just what are you AR fans going off of? I really, really want to know.

By separating it out you're trying to diminish what he is.

As the total package he's the most athletically gifted QB in this Draft - great size, the biggest arm, the fastest and most elusive runner.

He's a complete projection, but so is every QB. With regards to your "Can he run it? Yep. Cool." btw - the only reason why Hurts is worth spit in the NFL is because he's a threat with his legs. 

Serious time:

I’m not necessarily a “fan” but I’d be fine with him at 9 understanding his bust potential.

Things I like about him other than size is his feel in the pocket, watching him work a pocket is really advanced for someone who has so little experience. Had the second lowest pressure to sack % in this class and he’s legitimately impressive.

I think his decision making ability overall is very sound and he seems to understand both what his offense wants and what the defense is giving to him, I think on the whole he is generally throwing to the right players at the right time.

I of course very much enjoy his arm and athleticism which should be top end in the NFL even.

But that leaves the big issue for me and everyone which is accuracy, and I think a large amount of his accuracy issues directly tie to inconsistencies in his base and mechanics and it’s something I think good coaches can fix. If you think his accuracy isn’t fixable then I’d totally understand hating him, but personally I think if he gets to a good situation it can improve and then he becomes very compelling in todays NFL.

I wouldn’t want to trade up for him I’d take the risk at 9 though because he does a ton of things I love QBs to have and there is a legit upside case that I don’t think is that far fetched based on his tape and what I view to be his problems.

• Pie 1

Running QBs are great in the short run but if you are going after one to be here 15 years you need the traditional skills as main requirement, the prospect who can beat teams from the pocket without the running threat.  The runners are more likely to get hurt and tires wear off earlier in career typically

Serious time:

why bother, its been explained to you ad nauseam, nothing anyone posts is going to change your mind about how good of a prospect he is.  Just know that you are way off on this kid.

1 minute ago, MtnJax said:

Michael Felder, who know a hell of a lot about college football, said on Kyle Bailey’s show that when it comes to AR, he never knows where the ball is going to end up when he throws it. Not sure even Reich could fix that

Sounds like a great choice at 9. I trust Reich but there are a ton of red flags with Richardson. I will be happy when we draft a guy one way or the other, so the board can get behind the new kid. 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

AR is some weird Huddle Cam crush thing

IMO Stroud is the only sure fire franchise guy.  High floor low ceiling.  He is going to win games.  I call him a kirk cousins clone on steriods.  I love the kid but I seriously doubt there is a reasonable scenario or path for us to draft him. 

Then the other 3 all are huge gambles but if it gets to that might as well go big and gamble with the guy with the highest ceiling and that without a shadow of a doubt is AR. 

• Pie 1

I understand why our staff would be good for AR, but for our team, I would want the highly accurate QB who can step right in an excel in his 5-yr rookie window with our staff (which will be hard to keep in place to begin with).  Them having to build up a guy from scratch especially to help him become more accurate can be a long process even if it works. Give me the guy who is more prepared to step in immediately and produce.