• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Discussion: Day 1

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'm really curious who all is going to be involved in that. I wonder how many people are usually involved in those interviews.

I'd love to see if that data guy, George Li, will be involved in some way.

He may be serving as something of a fact checker... QB says he can make all the throws and can handle full field reads... Li says nope, bad on the underneath and rarely makes it to his third read before bailing out... NEXT!

1 hour ago, bobcat91 said:

Stroud ready to prove he is the Alpha. Young waiting until pro day to throw is a red flag. He only wants to throw to his guys that he is familiar with and on his field. Hard pass due to size. And Richardson will just show what everyone already knows:he's an athlete and not a QB. You can't fix accuracy

They seemed to fix it on Josh Allen.

3 hours ago, B_Eazi said:

Curious here to what previous comments led to drafting said players

Here you go:

What Fitterer said about the offensive line: “We’re going to address it in free agency and the draft, as well. We’ll get that position settled. That’s been an emphasis since Day 1 since the season ended, is getting this offensive line right. And what’s what our focus is.”

What happened next: The Panthers kicked off free agency by signing right guard Austin Corbett, coming off a Super Bowl win with the Rams, to a three-year, $26.3 million contract. They added center Bradley Bozeman on the second day of free agency, signing the former Raven to a team-friendly, one-year deal. Corbett started all 17 games before tearing his ACL in the season finale at New Orleans; he hopes to be back by Week 1 next season. Bozeman was one of the catalysts to the Panthers’ reborn run game under interim coach Steve Wilks, and is arguably the biggest priority among the team’s free agents. But as Fitterer all but guaranteed, the Panthers also tried to improve their line through the draft. But we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves.

What Rhule said about the top of the offensive tackle class: “They’re all gonna be high, high picks. A lot of it will come down to these interviews, how they do testing-wise and then the pro days and all those things.”

What Fitterer said about the Panthers’ first-round pick: “I do know at No. 6, there’s going to be a good player there, whether it’s tackle or quarterback. And we’re not going to force anything.”

What happened: Even before the combine or pro days circuit started, the general consensus was that the offensive tackle group was much deeper and better than the quarterbacks. Fitterer didn’t try to BS anyone in Indy. Asked if it made more sense to take a tackle at 6 than a QB, Fitterer said, “I think that’s fair.” 

What Rhule said about finding a quarterback: “We’re gonna aggressively approach each and every free agent and free-agent trade possibility, see if there’s anything there that makes us better.”

What Fitterer said about evaluating the QB class of 2023 vs. the class of ’22: “We’re already doing that. You always want to look ahead. What does it look like in the future? Because the one thing we want to do, we want to build it the right way and not force something. We don’t want to make the mistake of, ‘Oh, we need to do this right now. Let’s fix this right now.’ Let’s keep the big picture in mind and know what it looks like a year or two out.”

What happened: As mentioned above, the Panthers — like the rest of the league — remained cool on the quarterbacks throughout the pre-draft process last year. Fitterer flipped a fourth-round pick to move up for Corral, who missed his rookie season following Lisfranc surgery. Corral could be in the mix this year. But it feels like the Panthers are gearing up to take one of the top quarterbacks in the draft. If last year’s combine was any indication, Fitterer might drop some hints this week. Stay tuned.

https://theathletic.com/4249843/2023/02/27/carolina-panthers-combine-nfl-draft/

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'm really curious who all is going to be involved in that. I wonder how many people are usually involved in those interviews.

I'd love to see if that data guy, George Li, will be involved in some way.

Going off of the way they've been talking, my first guess would be everybody 😐

2 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Who else? Troy Aikman said teams who draft guys that are inaccurate in college get what they deserve. It is something you have or don't. 

When you make a definitive statement it only takes one outlier to prove you wrong.

Josh Allen's college tape makes Anthony Richardson look like Peyton Manning in comparison.

• Pie 2