• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears have been approached by multiple teams for #1 Pick and are leaning towards trading the pick away per Adam Schefter

Varking

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

5’10 180ish pounds just screams superstar 

His playing weight in the NFL is very concerning for me. I think he can get to 205 by the combine but that means he’s likely down to around 180 again as his playing weight for the NFL games. If he can’t bulk up he’s going to get hurt. 

30 minutes ago, Varking said:

His playing weight in the NFL is very concerning for me. I think he can get to 205 by the combine but that means he’s likely down to around 180 again as his playing weight for the NFL games. If he can’t bulk up he’s going to get hurt. 

And if he bulks up too much, it might impact his agility.  Agility he might need given that in the NFL, the talent level is a lot more equal than it was at Alabama.  

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

ancient history says

200.gif

it's a new era. the game has changed. you have to have a top QB or you will be left behind.

From listening to Frank over the past few weeks he clearly indicated that they are not going to go with the old qb stereotypes.  He's looking to evolve the offense to meet the current direction the league is going. Luckily for us there are a lot of prospects in the draft that can accelerate that transition.  But they've got to be smart and accurate as well as a high character guy.  I think I would start there and figure our odds of getting that person or persons. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

From listening to Frank over the past few weeks he clearly indicated that they are not going to go with the old qb stereotypes.  He's looking to evolve the offense to meet the current direction the league is going. Luckily for us there are a lot of prospects in the draft that can accelerate that transition.  But they've got to be smart and accurate as well as a high character guy.  I think I would start there and figure our odds of getting that person or persons. 

10 years ago probably the highest rated QB would be Tanner McKee from Stanford. Now you have to be very mobile, which was actually one of the knocks against Stroud until the GA game. It wasn't that he wasn't mobile, it's that he didn't run much.

You have to be a guy that makes stuff happen one way or another. you have to be dynamic and you have to be someone who can not just get their team motivated but the fans charged up as well.

pretty much Cam Newton is the template for the modern day QB. You can win with your arm or win with your legs. you just get the job done. this has proven to be what works best in the league now. this is what puts you in a position to win championships. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

If Young was 6'2" he'd be a Trevor Lawrence, Andrew Luck tier prospect.

If Young was 6’2 and like 220 maybe. It’s not his height that concerns me. It’s his playing weight being like Pat White where average NFL hits have a much larger impact on you because even the smaller guys have like 20 pounds on him. Dline folks that get their hands on him are going to injure him.