• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jalen Carter may be dropping after this

I think this could end up keeping Chicago at 1.  They will certainly want Will Anderson now and he could definitely go to Zona at 3.

This could help us if Zona will move down after missing on Anderson

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

How is Carter even responsible for this accident the staffer was driving the car drunk and made the decision to race even if Carter was right behind them which it sounds like that’s the case cause his car was struck by electric cables from the telephone pole breaking he did not cause the crash and doesn’t have a legal obligation to stay. He would have been tested and charged with dui
this is going to turn into a civil suit with a staffer partying with players driving a car leased to the university 

12 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I think his talent outweighs a charge for racing. Although it led to someone's death, and that is extremely unfortunate. I dont believe teams will see this as criminal activity or risk to his involvement in the league. 

Players do not get suspended for racing or reckless driving.

It doesn't outweigh someone dead.

Edited by heel31ok

6 hours ago, Shocker said:

I think this could end up keeping Chicago at 1.  They will certainly want Will Anderson now and he could definitely go to Zona at 3.

This could help us if Zona will move down after missing on Anderson

This is my take for now as well. Chicago can’t drop lower than 2 if they want Anderson now. 

Didn’t read every page so forgive me if already mentioned. But was David Wesley ever charged with racing Bobby Phills? If he was, I don’t recall it ever impacting his ability to keep playing. While tragic for sure, only reason Carter slides is questions about maturity. It’s not like he’s getting a jail stint. 

Edited by Reebis21

7 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Didn’t read every page so forgive me if already mentioned. But was David Wesley ever charged with racing Bobby Phills? If he was, I don’t recall it ever impacting his ability to keep playing. While tragic for sure, only reason Carter slides is questions about maturity. It’s not like he’s getting a jail stint. 

From Wikipedia...

"David Wesley was charged in 2000 with misdemeanor reckless driving in the crash that killed his friend and teammate Bobby Phills. A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police report said Phills was speeding at more than 100 mph (160 km/h) when Phills lost control and crossed into oncoming traffic and collided with a car. The report said both Phills and Wesley were driving "in an erratic, reckless, careless, negligent and/or aggressive manner".[9] In a non-jury trial, a judge acquitted Wesley of the charge of racing Phills.[10]"

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Yes it does. If he isn’t charged with manslaughter, nfl teams won’t blink an eye drafting him.

No it won't.  But they were saying yesterday on nfl network that teams already had character concerns about him prior to this incident.  So he may have been off some teams boards already due to that alone. 

21 hours ago, Billy Love said:

Racing @ speeds > 100 mph - alcohol - accident - 2 dead. NFL draft may not be his primary concern.

Dude was driving a 700 hp Grand Cherokee with a Hellcat motor in it.  That poo is dangerous on its own lol. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, top dawg said:

So, what are you saying? Should he pay for the rest of his life including jail time and be banned from the NFL?

I never said either of those things.  Where did that come from?

I think he should be given the same legal consequences that anyone else would get.  I do think what he and his friends did was incredibly stupid and reckless.  They put the lives of other innocent people at risk.  It is frightening to think that you or I could be driving down the road and be killed by idiots driving over 100 mph dodging from lane to lane.

I would not want that guy on my team.  A couple of our new coaches have mentioned how important it is to have players who are smart.  I agree.  And as I said earlier...would be hard to trust him. 

My guess is that he will get on a team when he legal situation is cleared.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

No it won't.  But they were saying yesterday on nfl network that teams already had character concerns about him prior to this incident.  So he may have been off some teams boards already due to that alone. 

I doubt he falls out of the top 10.  He is an incredible talent and the nfl doesnt care about dlineman with character concerns.