• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers founder Jerry Richardson passes away at 86

mcsmoak

The battle the JR had to make a dream turn into reality is amazing.  When he initially started the quest Carolina was a bigtime dark horse.  He continued to battle and when it was all said and done.  He proved the Carolina's could support a team.  I remember the announcement and was jumping for joy.  As a big fan of the NFL it was a very nice highlight in my life.  

JR Thank you for your diligence and bringing us the CAROLINA PANTHERS

GOD REST YOUR SOUL AND REST IN PEACE

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Some people do not know mistakes from actual actions with indent.

Condolences to the victims of this mans actions that have to relive those memories today and to those in his family who have been hurt due to his actions. 

As far as football in the Carolinas, football wouldve gotten here eventually with or without you. You were just the first rich guy that was able to do it. You cared more about the league than the actual success of the team and allowed the decision makers to waste talent year after year. Good job.

People like you can f*ck off; to act as if the Carolinas were always going to get a NFL team is such an assumption, that I can only say the first three letters apply to you.

As a victim of rape as a teen, sexual actions suck. But JR was never prosecuted, and at the end of the day, it was nothing but allegations that never had full details on.

High standing moral guys like you act badass behind a keyboard are a joke.

As for JR, rest easy Big Cat, may you have jean fridays everyday in Heaven.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

RIP JR sir. Sail on. 

He treated me great in my only interaction with him and I was a nobody. 
That is what I know for sure. 

Along with the whole ‘got the NFL for people who were in NFL no man’s land’ thing.

People born before like, probably around 1980, remember those times. I think I was over 40 years old before we actually had a team. Been an NFL fan my entire life really, since like 1960 when JR played and I was Baltimore Colts fan because my cousins moved there and… Johnny U. Crap I was watching the ‘Heidi’ game when they flipped the switch. Raiders I think? Long time. Chiefs maybe. AFC or AFL at the time, definitely. 

Believe me, the only good thing about not having a home team is you could be a front runner lol if your current team pissed you off enough. Quit ‘em. Nobody cares. Your friends don’t care.

You can’t do that with a home team. Which we all have now. And to me that is JR’s legacy. Especially right now at this time. 
Anyway that is an attempt to explain why a lot of people want to give JR at least the love for things he did that benefitted us. 

Regarding his alleged wickedness, details would be nice. If he was a bad guy he might be trying to explain all that around now, somewhere. 

I realize there were settlements, but also realize those lawyer people will often advise the innocent that it is cheaper to settle. JR was old, rich as hell, had been dealing with serious health issues, he didn’t need any more trouble. So without proof it is simply what it is.

Granted it is a slick trick for the accusers (NDA type settlements). But, maybe for the offenders at times, depending on what really happened. ‘round we go again. 

I just need actual real verified details before I banish the guy and wash my hands. Like Ray Rice in the elevator style evidence, of something. One real thing that would get you sued or maybe prosecuted. If you don’t have video, maybe some sworn testimony, all legal and binding. That sort of thing. We have standards for stuff like that, or we did I guess. 

That sort of protection goes for all of you as well. Not just a rich guy who founded a franchise. You get the benefit of the doubt without proof too. Always. And if you are guilty, well, again I quote John Fox….. 

So thanks again JR a lot of people appreciated you a lot. Hope you were not that guy. 

Edited by stratocatter

13 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Some people do not know mistakes from actual actions with indent.

Condolences to the victims of this mans actions that have to relive those memories today and to those in his family who have been hurt due to his actions. 

As far as football in the Carolinas, football wouldve gotten here eventually with or without you. You were just the first rich guy that was able to do it. You cared more about the league than the actual success of the team and allowed the decision makers to waste talent year after year. Good job.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

• Pie 3