• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

3 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Which is exactly why I think there’s collusion. 

Or it’s just basic economics.  Lamar set his price higher than anyone is willing to pay.

If I decide to sell my house and not hire a realtor.  Then set the price way above market value.  It’s not collusion when nobody buys it.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, joemac said:

Quite simply, Watson is twice the pure passer Lamar is. 

This right here, Lamar the Passer isn’t that good. And I’ve never been that impressed with the few games I’ve seen from him.

I know Cams stats weren’t as good as Lamar’s, but Cam in his prime was a better overall player than Lamar has been imo. Cam got a lot of incompletions and drops because he threw a hard pass and didn’t have a receiver worth a damn outside of Olsen. Cam’s accuracy didn’t fall off a cliff till after the shoulder injury.

Some team who gets left without a QB in the draft will likely offer him a deal which will likely not be the Watson contract offer.

This is why im not ruling us out down the line. If Atlanta gets their QB that will put pressure on us to either trade up or go after Lamar after the draft.

31 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Some team who gets left without a QB in the draft will likely offer him a deal which will likely not be the Watson contract offer.

This is why im not ruling us out down the line. If Atlanta gets their QB that will put pressure on us to either trade up or go after Lamar after the draft.

Its going to be over by the middle of march

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

So next week?

I would think this is resolved one way or another within 7-10 days.  Strictly my opinion but its pretty much blown up all over the news, not just nfl but seems to be a national story about collusion and now race.  Which is nuts.   I just think the nfl and ravens are going to figure something out

Edited by mrcompletely11

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would think this is resolved one way or another within 7-10 days.  Strictly my opinion but its pretty much blown up all over the news, not just nfl but seems to be a national story about collusion and now race.  Which is nuts.   I just think the nfl and ravens are going to figure something out

Nothing like a good conspiracy to making a buck off of.  

• Pie 1

About the collusion argument.  It is difficult to prove, but it is also difficult to organize. 

If you were at the store and you saw a banana that was in its prime, save a few bruises, but nothing major.  You love bananas, and you are out of bananas.  There are green bananas behind this banana, and some old bananas marked half price.  You look around, and you see shopping carts with older bananas in them; you see shopping carts with green bananas in them.  However, there are carts without bananas being pushed by people who need a banana.  Why are they not getting the banana in its prime? 

If they don't buy the banana in its prime, it will drive the price down.  If they buy it, the price goes up, and everyone who was trying to drive the price down gets mad at the person who buys the banana in its prime. Since the banana is still on the shelf at full market price, it could be that the green bananas are better for the future and the older bananas are a better value.  Or it could be that the customers in the store colluded to drive the price of prime bananas down. 

illustration banana GIF by Li-Anne Dias