• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So then, we’ve got a WR corps to build. What do y’all got?

Bear Hands

32 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He had almost 500 last year and didn’t play a good portion of the year. The problem is, at this point, he can’t be trusted to stay healthy.

I'm more than convinced he's a bust. He's gonna get every opportunity this year to prove me wrong, but I'll be shocked if he does. He's not a reliable playmaker and he's injury-prone. His limited flashes among a larger body of injury and disappointment hearken back to a second-round WR from 2007.

Like a couple people said Parris Campbell is a guy is like to see. Familiarity with staff and plays a physical brand of football similar to DJ.  Also Mack Hollins had some flashes in Vegas. Then that 39th pick could be prime time for WR.  I mean how many 1st round WR's do you think their are? Somebody will be there at the top of the 2nd to help.  Lastly sign Gesicki. I like the TE class too so we are building it.  

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

Paris Campbell is the name to watch.  Shouldn’t be too expensive and has high upside.  Is he a #1?  No way, but he’s a very competent WR to have.  The only real WR1 available is Nuk, and I’m not sure the Panthers have the ammunition to acquire him after this trade.  Jakobi is a borderline WR1, who I really like but not for the money he’s going to command.  

Lazard is a very solid WR2, and DJ Chark is still young with some real upside as well.  Hopefully we stay away from Juju..

Panthers can really change the WR room quickly with a combo of FA and the draft, but have to be smart about it.  Flowers should be the target with the 2nd round pick, maybe Fitt has to trade up though to get him. 

This TE class is also the deepest in years, and some solid FAs as well.

It's a very poor FA class - you're scraping together a corps from that list. 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm more than convinced he's a bust. He's gonna get every opportunity this year to prove me wrong, but I'll be shocked if he does. He's not a reliable playmaker and he's injury-prone. His limited flashes among a larger body of injury and disappointment hearken back to a second-round WR from 2007.

Injury-prone big time. If he struggles under Reich/Brown then year it’s probably time to move on. It’s hard to get a real feel for a lot of these players under Rhule.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, Castavar said:

We could go after DHop and Thielen. We could go after Downs, Hyatt, Cedric Tillman in draft. We could go TE in the draft and get Kincaid. A lot of options now. People that think we are actually going into the season with Marshall as our #1 is ridiculous.

Right…they’re not doing all this  to finally get a QB and not surround him with weapons

I truly think Thielen is a must as a vet presence and safety net for the rookie QB. He can still pile up TDs even if he's a bit more limited athletically now.

No to OBJ who could easily turn toxic on a young QB.

I think we add one of Hollins, Campbell, or Hardman. Perfect WR3s.

Then it's rookie time. Ideally we could land a Zay Flowers, but maybe Hyatt or Downs is there. I also like Mims a bit later. Any of those top TEs would be good too.

Let Marshall cook in a new and better offense and let Thielen hold it down opposite of him til a young guy takes the spot.

• Pie 1

I think we can patchwork our WR corps sans a true X WR this coming year. 

Hardman turns 25 on March 12th, so he's uber young and electric. Don't think he's a WR1, but can certainly be that TY Hilton....maybe a less productive Tyreek Hill as our #2. His help on special teams will be huge too.

Let TMJ be our slot WR3. 

Young and hungry guys.

After too much research, I bring one name to the fold- Darin Walker

Yea it's not a WR, but he is a difference making weapon and rumored to be on the block. Frank also talked a few times about wanting a pass catching TE. 

Send Tremble and mid rounder for walker and a late rounder, that maybe all it takes. Contract was like moores, just signed and three years.

Ive warmed up fast.....

I was crushed about loosing Moore at first because I'm a big fan, but now I'm looking at it as how do we replace 900yds and 7 Td's with the $10 Million saved and there are alot of ways. I'm hoping for Geiski or Hurst at TE and then one of Theilen/Slayton/Hollins/ Campbell at WR.  Next year try to get Pittman jr, Higgins, or Jeudy for him.