• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're trolling right? Sources say Panthers open for business in trading down from #1

thunderraiden

Wow I’ve never seen this strategy. This is the kind of stuff that could make Fitt a genius or a bum without a job. 

that being said if we somehow knew Texans wants young/stroud and we wanted the other and could pull that I’d be all for it 

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Wow I’ve never seen this strategy. This is the kind of stuff that could make Fitt a genius or a bum without a job. 

that being said if we somehow knew Texans wants young/stroud and we wanted the other and could pull that I’d be all for it 

My question is how would we make them honor it? Say they said they wanted Young but come draft day got Stroud when we were set on getting Stroud or vise versa. 

• Pie 1

I'll admit that even before seeing this I told my friends that I wouldn't mind trading back down to get some assets back.

But in the end, the Bears making this trade with us means they weren't getting good offers from the Texans or Colts, as if they were okay with trading down to 9, they'd have taken one of those offers and then traded down again with us.

So we're just not going to get enough assets back to make it worth trading back down at this point, you make this trade, you have to take your guy.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

My question is how would we make them honor it? Say they said they wanted Young but come draft day got Stroud when we were set on getting Stroud or vise versa. 

That’s always a risk when making trades, I’m pretty sure lying in this situation would get you a scarlet letter and no one would trade with you ever again because you couldn’t be trusted. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'll admit that even before seeing this I told my friends that I wouldn't mind trading back down to get some assets back.

But in the end, the Bears making this trade with us means they weren't getting good offers from the Texans or Colts, as if they were okay with trading down to 9, they'd have taken one of those offers and then traded down again with us.

So we're just not going to get enough assets back to make it worth trading back down at this point, you make this trade, you have to take your guy.

Id swap our first for the 2nd they get who they want we get who we want a few more picks....