• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They're Not Done Trading

chknwing

8 minutes ago, onmyown said:

a perennial 5/6 win team for over half a decade…wtf they tearing down to rebuild? Y’all need to chill, we good

Exactly.  The last 5 seasons have been brutal.  

Look, I love CMC and DJ, but we weren't tearing up the league offensively with them.  Doesn't mean they're not great players, but we aren't going to win (or even make) a SB without improving at QB.

Cam lost Kelvin Benjamin (who was in the best shape of his life) before the 2015 season, and he willed us to the SB with Ted Ginn and Philly Brown.  Mahomes lost Tyreek and won a SB.

I'd rather swing and miss on a franchise QB right now than continue to muddle along.

Does anyone besides Saints homers believe they can win anything significant over the next 5 years with a jacked-up cap and paying Derek Carr $35M a year?  B/c I sure don't.  Saints fans are going to look back in 5 years and realize just how colossal a waste it was, just like we need to be clear-eyed about how bad the past 5 seasons have been here.  

Saints fans are deluded into thinking they can keep the party going post-Brees for some unknown reason.  Panthers fans should be more sober after the past 5 years of failure.

Whether or not this works, at least it is a well thought out plan and strategy.  We never once had that with Rhule.  We had dumbass slogans and a mythical 7-year Jay-Z plan or something.

We've hired some of the best offensive minds in the league, along with a top 10 offensive line.  If they can't figure out a way to make it work, we have bigger issues than trading away a WR and some draft picks.

1 hour ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Chicago wanted Moore. 

Burns is completely in play.

Yeah, given their need for weapons for Fields and the strength of this edge rusher class it's highly likely that the Bears simply preferred Moore. This is a MUCH better edge rusher draft than WR draft on paper. Get a proven WR via trade, then land a good pass rushing prospect in the draft. There's also the contracts to consider. They're getting a legit starting WR under contract for three more years and we're gonna eat all the guaranteed money vs. with Burns they'd be looking to ink him to a shiny new (massive) deal with huge guarantees. Honestly, it's getting Moore in the deal was the smart play given the cards on the table.

I do think that these negotiations likely led to a delay in Burns' extension. As long as he was potentially part of this trade package there was going to be no extension in Carolina. I wouldn't be surprised to see talk of Burns' extension ramp up in the coming days and weeks now that the deal is done.

• Beer 1