• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They're Not Done Trading

chknwing

8 minutes ago, onmyown said:

a perennial 5/6 win team for over half a decade…wtf they tearing down to rebuild? Y’all need to chill, we good

Exactly.  The last 5 seasons have been brutal.  

Look, I love CMC and DJ, but we weren't tearing up the league offensively with them.  Doesn't mean they're not great players, but we aren't going to win (or even make) a SB without improving at QB.

Cam lost Kelvin Benjamin (who was in the best shape of his life) before the 2015 season, and he willed us to the SB with Ted Ginn and Philly Brown.  Mahomes lost Tyreek and won a SB.

I'd rather swing and miss on a franchise QB right now than continue to muddle along.

Does anyone besides Saints homers believe they can win anything significant over the next 5 years with a jacked-up cap and paying Derek Carr $35M a year?  B/c I sure don't.  Saints fans are going to look back in 5 years and realize just how colossal a waste it was, just like we need to be clear-eyed about how bad the past 5 seasons have been here.  

Saints fans are deluded into thinking they can keep the party going post-Brees for some unknown reason.  Panthers fans should be more sober after the past 5 years of failure.

Whether or not this works, at least it is a well thought out plan and strategy.  We never once had that with Rhule.  We had dumbass slogans and a mythical 7-year Jay-Z plan or something.

We've hired some of the best offensive minds in the league, along with a top 10 offensive line.  If they can't figure out a way to make it work, we have bigger issues than trading away a WR and some draft picks.

1 hour ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Chicago wanted Moore. 

Burns is completely in play.

Yeah, given their need for weapons for Fields and the strength of this edge rusher class it's highly likely that the Bears simply preferred Moore. This is a MUCH better edge rusher draft than WR draft on paper. Get a proven WR via trade, then land a good pass rushing prospect in the draft. There's also the contracts to consider. They're getting a legit starting WR under contract for three more years and we're gonna eat all the guaranteed money vs. with Burns they'd be looking to ink him to a shiny new (massive) deal with huge guarantees. Honestly, it's getting Moore in the deal was the smart play given the cards on the table.

I do think that these negotiations likely led to a delay in Burns' extension. As long as he was potentially part of this trade package there was going to be no extension in Carolina. I wouldn't be surprised to see talk of Burns' extension ramp up in the coming days and weeks now that the deal is done.

• Beer 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I went to Canes games back in '04 & '05 when you were probably still a swimmer waiting to make your dad a father. There was no one there bc they sucked. Some of the lowest attendance in the NHL. As a Panthers fan coming off a SB season (03-04), I couldn't even believe they put a hockey team in Raleigh, and given the attendance, a lot of people speculated they would be relocated somewhere back up north where they would be supported and not "Mayberry." Seriously, educate youself.  That is reality. That being said, comparing that environment to 2024 Canes would be disingenuous. I was at PNC last year and know how great the current environment is. Comparing the current environment at BOA to 10 years ago is just as disingenuous.  Just bc you didn't witness how good BOA is when the Panthers are actually decent doesn't change reality. Seriously, surely you see that coming from such an elitist environment like the globally renowned world-class city of Raleigh, NC... I guarantee you if you went to a Canes game and a Panthers game in 2005, the difference would be unreal bc the Panthers were awesome and the Canes were (at the time) a moribund franchise. I have been in BOA when the whole stadium was rocking. You simply are young, don't know what you're talking about, but want to portray yourself as having knowledge about things you simply don't. You have a lot in common with modern day politicians and televangelists Like I said, Idiocracy has prevailed... Have a great day too! 
    • Let it all out bro.   At the end of the day Charlotte fans just aren't that passionate as other fans. The Panthers and Hornets crowds are wack.    Go to a Canes game and you will understand this. Tell the family I said hi and Happy Father's Day.
    • Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. Best place to live?  LMAO... that's your criteria...  Charlotte gets put all over those lists too... come on man... and those lists have zero to do with sports. I'm done after this bc I'm punching down intellectually here... The Panthers have been bad for 6 years now. You are obviously young and not overly educated based off the "dunks" you're putting out there that certainly are, so let me educate you today on the Panthers. The Panthers sold out for well over a decade straight. BOA has been as good an environment as there is when the team is good.  Fan support for the Panthers has been incredible when the team has even remotely reciprocated. The idea that Charlotte doesn't support the Panthers is utter BS. People in Raleigh have the biggest little brother syndrome of all time... Nobody outside of the Triangle cares about any of your "vaunted" sports team outside of Duke-UNC in basketball on a national scale. Sure, the Canes are great. But nationally, the WWE dwarfs the NHL in ratings. More people care about Cody Rhodes than Sebastian Aho... or anyone else in the NHL for that matter... I doubt less than 5% of anyone in this state outside of Raleigh even knows who that is... that's a knock on Aho who is a great player, it's just the NHL barely makes a ripple in the overall hierarchy of American sports. It's not in the same universe as the NFL or NBA no matter how badly you want to tell yourself otherwise. Raleigh is not a big-time sports city, no matter how much you want to scream into the abyss about it. Neither is Charlotte. But no one here is making such a nonsense argument... LOL it's good to be young and to be ignorant enough to be confidently wrong... WTF are you even on this board though since Charlotte is so beneath you? There is an actual discussion board on this very site for Raleigh sports since they are so superior...  Maybe it's bc I'm watching Idiocracy with my son, but your timing is perfect, my man... The dumbest among us have become the most confidence in their ignorance... God Bless America!!