• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: CJ Stroud or Anthony Richardson

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, XClown1986 said:

Anthony Richardson has the most upside of any quarterback to come out of the draft in the last 5-10 years. Yes that includes guys like Mahomes and Josh Allen. He is THAT gifted athletically. The ONLY question is can he become a consistent passer. That's it. And if Reich and the boys feel that Richardson's flaws are fixable? Don't be shocked if he is the pick. ESPECIALLY if they are put off by anything they find in Stroud.

This is a fact!

The question is can he be coached up?

Stroud is NFL ready right now. If you have the #1 pick you go with the sure thing. If we trade back then AR is probably your guy. Either way im not mad.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reports are that Tepper likes Levis 

puke. he would be a stretch at 9, good player with upside but lot of concerns. Stroud/Young are the only options at 1. If we do anything other than 1 of them then my faith in this team, of which I have very very little as it is, will be completely gone. 

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

If they traded for #1 just to move back, they're the dumbest people to ever run a sports franchise.

Not at all...

If you like more than one player equally, you could move back, gain additional picks to make your roster even better and still get one of the guys you wanted.

Don't know that anything like that will happen but if it did, I'd call that pretty smart.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Not attacking you and just want to point this out. If they traded for #1 just to move back, they're the dumbest people to ever run a sports franchise. Draft Day was a movie. Things like that don't happen in real life.

I believe we moved up to have control - not necessarily for a particular guy.  I don't think we have figured that out yet, and still have lots of time to do so.  If Richardson ends up being our favorite after due diligence, then I hope we can trade back a little.  

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Not attacking you and just want to point this out. If they traded for #1 just to move back, they're the dumbest people to ever run a sports franchise. Draft Day was a movie. Things like that don't happen in real life.

I agree it's highly unlikely, but if the Texans or Colts offer us something stupid-good in a compensation package, then anything is possible.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It could be that the Panthers want Young, and thought to dangle the top 2 names that they don't want, on the odds that Houston is targeting one.  Fearing that they might lose Stroud is just as potent as Richardson when it comes to motivating a trade.

If they want Young as many predict, the Panthers will hear crickets.

One could hope. And that this kind of articles is part of the smokescreen.

The plan is that with all they've invested in coaches to develop him

To make a big move, Panthers needed the right staff

Red flag for me regarding coaches and GMs, "We can fix him" mentality... 

1 minute ago, XClown1986 said:

So we can have our choice of QB. In the long run it is about being right, not about the agreed upon value by the majority.

If we wanted Levis or Richardson we could have gotten one or the other at 9. One of them is gonna fall. I have a feeling. 
Both are projects and should not start week one. 
People say to trust Reich and co but if we spend all those resources and Moore and come out with a project player my trust in this coaching staff will be damaged a lot. 

I honestly dont care who they pick. We have a staff full of QB guru's and they all know their jobs are on the line. 

They will pick the very person that they think will not only be the best but also build a legacy for them. 

...I would not have the same level of fair if Rhule was making the selection. 

• Pie 3