• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Bengals TE Hayden Hurst

TheSpecialJuan

25 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I like it as long as he’s not expensive. He’s 30, so he shouldn’t be but coupled with a TE in the draft it’s not a bad move. I think 39 could be a solid rookie TE or a WRnif a good one drops. It’s a much better TE class. This is a draft where TE is value so not overpaying a FA would be smart. Unfortunately, it’s kind of a bad draft and really bad FA year for WRs. 

Dogshit for WRs in the draft. Really hope we trade for a vet

10 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but there’s some truth. Dalton, Hurst and Thielin and even Jamal Williams don’t make us close to a scary offense. None of them can be the guy who can still do a lot when the D focuses on them. No matter which FA WRs we sign, there’s no one who can go against the #1 CB or be the doubled guy and perform well. DJ wasn’t elite but no FA is close to him.

Great offensive minds can scheme guys open and elevate their players. Don’t necessarily need a T.O. out there.

The off-season isn’t done yet too (obviously).

I’m looking forward to what Reich/Brown cook up.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Klein seems to think there's more to come.

I'm getting dizzy 😣

So much for the reports that we were not going to be very active in the first couple days of FA lol. We’ve made more signings than just about anybody so far.

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

I agree, and we may not get a really good WR there--I think we are going to sign a WR or two today/tomorrow.

At pick #39 we may be able to get a stud WR, but having all these other holes filled means we could definitely trade 39 & another pick to move back into the 1st round and grab one....I think there are 4-5 #1 WR in this draft and many could be there in the 20's.  If we sign Theilen & Jamaal Williams, then grab a guy like Zay Flowers, JSN, Johnston.....imagine.  

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We have the 2nd richest owner in football.

I think we will be fine watching him pay Nuk.

We are fans we don't pay the players bro. If you scared go to church!

Of course we would ink him to some kind of extension with dummy years on the back to spread out his cap hit if somehow he came here.