• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Bengals TE Hayden Hurst

TheSpecialJuan

40 minutes ago, CRA said:

better than Ian Thomas.  Fine add pending the cost wasn't too high.  But I'd like us to keep working at the TE spot.   

deep draft at TE would love to grab one between rounds 2-4. Ideally a WR in the 2nd but if a top TE is sitting there I'd do that too

7 minutes ago, pantherj said:

The only other option is to trade back up into the 1st round and target one of the WRs there to be our #1, but it's risky to count on finding a trade partner, and it's expensive draft capital wise. 

Or just trade a 3rd for Nuk who is a true #1 WR problem solved.

You're willing to trade another future 1st to move up on a WR that may or may not be a #1?

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We are not rebuilding lol

We have a legit defense and our Oline is locked up for the foreseeable future. We are about to draft a rookie QB #1 overall. We are a #1 WR away from winning this division. It's why I keep bringing up Nuk.

I don't think people realize just how much talent this team has. We got all the major positions taken care of pass rushing DE, lockdown DB, solid Oline, young franchise QB.

WR is basically the only weakness we have right now. We are not rebuilding people!

Cornerback, unless you count the guys in the tub, is a weakness. Even moreso if Jackson gets cut like some people hope.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We are not rebuilding lol

We have a legit defense and our Oline is locked up for the foreseeable future. We are about to draft a rookie QB #1 overall. We are a #1 WR away from winning this division. It's why I keep bringing up Nuk.

I don't think people realize just how much talent this team has. We got all the major positions taken care of pass rushing DE, lockdown DB, solid Oline, young franchise QB.

WR is basically the only weakness we have right now. We are not rebuilding people!

Right now, we have a bottom 5 WR core, a bottom 5 RB core, a TE group in the bottom half and an unsettled QB situation. We are in a rebuild

23 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Mahomes just won a SB with a bunch of mediocre WRs. Scheme and good QB can get a lot done. 

He also has the best TE in the game. Hurst <<<<<<<<< Kelce and Mahomes is a bit beyond whoever we pick right now. Also, Reich has never done what Reid did.

Panthers are expected to sign TE Hayden Hurst, formerly of the Bengals, to a three-year contract. 

In Hurst's lone season with the Bengals, he caught 52 passes for 414 yards and two touchdowns while being among the league leaders in tight end pass routes. The always-inefficient Hurst, entering his age-30 seasons, would immediately start for the Panthers as the team's primary pass-catching tight end, dashing the hopes of every remaining Tommy Tremble truther. Hurst is well positioned to be a frustrating streaming option for fantasy managers in 2023. 

11 minutes ago, pantherj said:

The only other option is to trade back up into the 1st round and target one of the WRs there to be our #1, but it's risky to count on finding a trade partner, and it's expensive draft capital wise. 

At this point, we could.  It may be worth it.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They put us in position to at least be solid, which is a major step up from previous years.

At the very least, it brings us to a good foundation from which we can build a potential big winner.

Not quite yet IMHO. We are definitely a step down without DJ so let’s see.

End of the day, pick #1 is all that matter TBH. If the rookie has it, we’ll be fine. If he doesn’t then we are who we’ve been lately.