• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Panthers unsure of who their #1 is or is it just a smokescreen…

mc52beast

28 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Young or Stroud. I want Young, but will be happy with Stroud.

I've tried recently to get knowledgeable on both. I love both, and wouldn't be mad at either.

I think the way it's playing is speaking your way out of young for cj, but young seems like the better pick. But I also love cj.

It's up in the air for me.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s kind of how I feel. Stroud is their safe pick, but they will still see if AR can convince them he is worth the gamble. I say this only because of the timing in relation to the combine.

I have a feeling they’ve always had AR in high regard. Maybe they thought he’d be there from the 3-9 range before the combine. But after the combine, or during, they probably got a sense that other teams were also high on AR. He performed really well and they probably knew he wouldn’t be there in the 3-9 range, so, liking both qbs they traded up to get whoever they liked after watching film, interviews etc. It’s just speculation on my part, but to me, this whole process is interesting. 

Our head coach, offensive coordinator, QB coach, running back coach and assistant GM all know what’s it’s like(through experience) to be hit by a 315 pound man. 

Although I don’t have that in common with them, it makes me believe they will be very uncomfortable drafting Young at 1. 

I think it’s Stroud with a dark horse of ARich if they trade down. I say don’t get cute. Please just take Stroud. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Related...

There's a whole thread about this right?

And the surrounding talent isn't accounted for, ARich had the worst OL in those games. None of his Wrs had any separation, he played hero ball the whole time.

But they gave him more respect than Levis

23 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I have a feeling they’ve always had AR in high regard. Maybe they thought he’d be there from the 3-9 range before the combine. But after the combine, or during, they probably got a sense that other teams were also high on AR. He performed really well and they probably knew he wouldn’t be there in the 3-9 range, so, liking both qbs they traded up to get whoever they liked after watching film, interviews etc. It’s just speculation on my part, but to me, this whole process is interesting. 

If they traded up to draft a project with 13 starts and horrible numbers.. I’m questioning my fandom..

6 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

If they traded up to draft a project with 13 starts and horrible numbers.. I’m questioning my fandom..

Not saying they draft him, it’s just now there will be no what if, they can get whoever they like of the three. Plenty of time to talk and think about it. 

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Not saying they draft him, it’s just now there will be no what if, they can get whoever they like of the three. Plenty of time to talk and think about it. 

You gave up to much to trade up and not have a clue.. That would be the clearest sign of malpractices and organizational failure… 

Jmo there is nothing to discuss other then Young vs Stroud.. Levi’s and Richardson are discussions for teams that don’t have a top 3 pick… Taking a big swing with the number 1 pick is like Hiring a college coach with no pro experience and giving him a 7 year deal for 70 million dollars..