• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jalen Carter Officially a Walking Red Flag

WUnderhill

His involvement in the fatal car crash aside, reports out of his pro day are that he has gained 9 lbs since the combine and was unable to finish the drills due to being out of shape. And that’s only position drills since he opted not to run the 40, do cone drills, or benches at his pro day.

Big yikes.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35865573/georgia-dt-jalen-carter-9-lbs-heavier-struggles-pro-day

• Pie 6

4 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

His involvement in the fatal car crash aside, reports out of his pro day are that he has gained 9 lbs since the combine and was unable to finish the drills due to being out of shape. And that’s only position drills since he opted not to run the 40, do cone drills, or benches at his pro day.

Big yikes.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35865573/georgia-dt-jalen-carter-9-lbs-heavier-struggles-pro-day

I can tell you that he was a non-factor against Ohio State.  Teams are likely hesitant to use a high pick on him.  

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

take him in the 2nd

Idk, would you take post-Tennessee Albert Haynesworth? The guy can’t even motivate himself to stay in shape for a few weeks to try to salvage what he can of his draft position. He hasn’t even gotten a contract yet. That’s pretty bad.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

I can tell you that he was a non-factor against Ohio State.  Teams are likely hesitant to use a high pick on him.  

Heavy doubt, I've seen A LOT of replays of that Georgia game and Carter is constantly in the backfield, Stroud just gets away from the pressure.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

This this this. Anyone that watched the game saw that after q2, he was a body on the field. That 2021 Georgia defense clears that 2022 Georgia defense easily.

31 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

lol

I think I could do that and I'm having knee surgery next week... whew dude. C'mon man.

I've seen guys move better than that with a lit cigarette still between their lips.

Hope he can get his stuff together. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im gonna laugh if he ends up falling to us in the 2nd.

Lets keep the red flags coming baby!

I wouldn't take him if he fell to our 3rd rounder, he's 100% off my draft board now.

If you can't be in good enough shape at your Pro Day to even finish the drills, then you aren't going to last in the NFL, he clearly doesn't have the right mindset that you want in a player.

It would be one thing if he just didn't put up good numbers, but he put on 9 lbs in the last 2 weeks and couldn't finish his drills.  He wants to be an NFL player, today was the most important job interview he'll ever have in his life, and he couldn't be bothered to be in shape for it.

You really want to use a draft pick that would get us a possible starter on someone like that?

Very very very very hard pass, this is a player who won't get a second contract in the league I have a feeling.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 5

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I wouldn't take him if he fell to our 3rd rounder, he's 100% off my draft board now.

If you can't be in good enough shape at your Pro Day to even finish the drills, then you aren't going to last in the NFL, he clearly doesn't have the right mindset that you want in a player.

It would be one thing if he just didn't put up good numbers, but he put on 9 lbs in the last 2 weeks and couldn't finish his drills.  He wants to be an NFL player, today was the most important job interview he'll ever have in his life, and he couldn't be bothered to be in shape for it.

You really want to use a draft pick that would get us a possible starter on someone like that?

Very very very very hard pass, this is a player who won't get a second contract in the league I have a feeling.

I was actually joking.

There is 0% chance he falls to the 2nd round. Some contender in the late 1st would take him in a heartbeat.

What does his film say?