• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am confused.  I go by one rule, and it requires being honest with myself:  I SUCK at picking QBs transitioning from college to the NFL---I am terrible at it. 

I share your pain but even the so called expects often find it is a hit and miss when they make their bold  predictions.

Just now, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Don't get to excited because this is just hearsay and no proof Young is the pick.

I started out big time wanting Stroud, but the more I've watched and seen what Bryce is, the more I'm convinced he is the potential HoF of this class. That said I won't be mad with Stroud, but I'm firmly on the Bryce train now.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Nobody will know who we will pick until draft day.

Yep.  Lotta people will get mad because the Panthers did not pick their guy, but I trust this staff and think there are 2 top QBs in this draft.  I will embrace either, even though I have my preference.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I started out big time wanting Stroud, but the more I've watched and seen what Bryce is, the more I'm convinced he is the potential HoF of this class. That said I won't be mad with Stroud, but I'm firmly on the Bryce train now.

He does seem to have that "it" factor, the kind of person who can handle the ups and downs with class.  But every time I give Young a compliment, I turn around and say just about the same thing about Stroud.  I'd like to say that we can't go wrong with either.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

DID NFL media get a memo from their bosses to stir up draft drama leading into it??

You fugers cannot fool me, the pick is CJ STROUD!! 

The headline "Young now the favorite" is simply not what Ian said, and it is not factually accurate.

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

if we take Young, we have to maintain an offensive line like the Eagles this year, the Saints of the Brees years

Going to have to maintain a top tier line for Stroud too. He's used to playing behind an elite line, not a slightly above average line. Heck, same goes for any rookie QB. Doing what the Panthers did to Newton's line should be a firing offense.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That's why moments like these on TV exists... so that Vegas can balance the scales again to get more people to bet the other way for who will be draft 1 overall.

Yeah, the bookmakers want people betting on every potential top pick this far out so they make more money come draft day when people are wrong and lose.