• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Adam Thielen

Panthercougar68

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

DJ alone is $20M this year which sounded like a steal at the time. So $15M or so for Thielen and Hurst plus maybe a rookie WR I'm not mad at. Reich probably wants to spread the ball around more than the previous guy

It's structured to benefit us I'm not too worried about it. But we need to hit on another WR in the draft. If it's me I still take one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, frankw said:

It's structured to benefit us I'm not too worried about it. But we need to hit on another WR in the draft. If it's me I still take one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Definitely. You can actually go for Zay/Downs/Hyatt now that we have enough big guys with good hands

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

By your logic, Foreman was a massive downgrade from CMC but that worked out quite well.

Leave the football talk to the grown ups. All of these moves have been calculated, strategic, and when paired with what we have done on the coaching staff sets us up for long term success as long as we get the QB position right.

Foreman was thrusted into the role of starter and it worked out, but he is certainly nowhere near the caliber of player as CMC. 

The question was whether this is the greatest FA of all time when it's really in line with what we see each year.

As it stands the team filled holes with vets and we still don't know if we'll have success at the QB even though we have a high draft pick.

Y'all did this same song as dance two years ago when Fitt came and brought in a bunch of guys.

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

2024 WR FAs is dripping with gold......about 10 studs, sure half will be tagged, but thats leaves 5 and panthers should still have around 50 million in space...plenty for a true #1.

The main guy I would be interested in is Tee Higgins.  I'm sure the Vikings will sign Justin Jefferson long term.  Tee Higgins has a chance to hit the open market, but I believe Marvin Harrison will be a hall of famer.  

Edited by Matthias

Just now, Call Me James said:

Dalton is not good and he was not good last year.

Bell is an upgrade at the position, but Chinn wasn't the issue.

Sanders is a good pickup, but his role is the replace CMC not Foreman was a backup.

We switched formations and added a NT, that's good. But none of this falls in line with the idea of it being our best free agency of all time. That was your threshold.

If you remember correctly, foreman played better for the panthers than CMC. Yea its weird and CMC is the better player. Sanders is a true 3 down RB and instead of paying CMC 16 million, sanders is getting 6.2

Dalton out played winston whom resigned with iants for 8 million(lOLLololololol). Hes a vet thats won like 80 some games and doesnt upset the room like baker vs darnold. He knows hes a backup and owns it. Thats a improvement form a technical side.

Chinn is the better player, Bell is the better safety. That allows chinn to roam and be closer to the LOS. In fact that improves two spots. 

Im still thinking this out and Im open to hearing which year was better. 

adam is a clear upgrade as well, of course that was after the DJ trade. Still as you look at the roster, ultra clear upgrades to RB, TE, and WR. Wasnt a NT role, but mcclain/roy wasnt in the plans to start I bet. 

I could also bring the mega coaching staff in this discussion too, but I feel the FA class is enough for the "best evar". 

If its not the best free agent class, please give your best.

• Pie 2