• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Adam Thielen

Panthercougar68

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Suspensions, injuries, inactives.  All the above.  He's on the decline too, so I'll pass. 

Deandre Hopkins is on the decline. Stats don't show it. When he plays he's still a #1 WR.

You're calling injury prone but he just played every game last year. The games he missed were because of suspension. So you are saying he's injury prone because of the games he missed the year before. Doesn't add up when you really look at it.

It's cool you don't want him, but don't use injuries to say he has declined. He's still a #1 WR when he steps on the field.

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't have confidence, it's all hope. He has a little juice, and this will be year three---new coaches, new QB, and being hidden by Moore's shadow won't be a problem.

I am with the year three and he showed a little last year. And the tools he has. 
And I just don’t think DJ gets moved if they don’t think TMJr is ready to contribute more. 

9 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1637637307724439564?s=20

#Panthers Adam Thielen 3-yr $25M, $14M gtd, $8.335M signing bonus, salaries $1.165M (gtd), $5.5M ($4.5M gtd), $4M; $2M 3rd day '24 lg yr roster bonus, $1.5M 3rd day '25 lg yr roster bonus; $29,411 per game active roster bonus 2023, '24, $58,283 per game active '25; 26-27 void yrs

So if I am right he will cost 3.73 this year.  The 1.65 salary and and the 2 mil signing bonus spread over 4 years.   We still have room to add Chark. 

Good deal for him and us 

Don’t worry about cap space Fitterer has budgeted accordingly to do what he feels is necessary 

• Pie 1

Thielen has more TD's in the last 4 seasons than

stefon diggs

cooper kupp

a.j. brown

dk metcalf

amari cooper

george kittle

deandre hopkins

keenan allen

pretty amazing for us to pull him int his FA market considering our team's current situation (not being a contender) and the fact that we're drafting a rookie qb 

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

We’re in absolutely no position to start using void years into 26-27.

Unfortunately for us if Fitterer isn’t winning by then he’ll be come and those years won’t be his problem 

If I’m not mistaken, if Thielen retires during those void years they go off of the books (dead cap wise). It’s possible they are banking on that.

also, the eagles did the void years with a players during their Super Bowl victory seasons, and somehow they were able to get the void years Goff the books. I need to brush up on it, but mainly there are ways around them.

Edited by TheCasillas