• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Thielen's Avg. Separation for 2022 - Ahead of Chase, Brown, Evans

Saca312

This is promising but we need to pump our breaks a bit. Not trying to sound like a party pooper,  but the variables aren’t the same when comparing some of the best wide receivers in the game. Thielen wasn’t lining up against Jalen Ramsey or Stephen Gilmore regularly with his all-pro counterpart Jefferson on the other side.  He regularly lined up against the #2 corner from the opposing team. That can’t be ignored when taking this kind of statistic into consideration. 

All things considered I still think he’s an excellent route runner and Thielen will find tons of openings due to his route running and expertise.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Beast_3000 said:

This is promising but we need to pump our breaks a bit. Not trying to sound like a party pooper,  but the variables aren’t the same when comparing some of the best wide receivers in the game. Thielen wasn’t lining up against Jalen Ramsey or Stephen Gilmore regularly with his all-pro counterpart Jefferson on the other side.  He regularly lined up against the #2 corner from the opposing team. That can’t be ignored when taking this kind of statistic into consideration. 

All things considered I still think he’s an excellent route runner and Thielen will find tons of openings due to his route running and expertise.

He probably gonna man the slot here so still probably won’t draw the no 1 corner 

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, Beast_3000 said:

I’ve seen more people complaining about his contract than unwarranted enthusiasm.

One could argue he was the Premeire WR available in free agency(yes this class wasn’t great), with only his age being the biggest knock against him. 

With more targets he may actually end up having a better season this year with us than he did last year with Minnesota. 

Sure would be nice to acquire more talent at the position but hard to argue we aren’t better with him than without him.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

I'd always thought that his extremely precise route running was his greatest strength. To always be at the exact spot you're supposed to be at is a marvelous tool.

Yes, he might be at the later years of his career, but we can use a veteran, professional pass catcher with no history of being a diva. That's exactly what our next QB will need.

Glad we've got him! Didn't think we'd be able to, though.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Saca312 said:

For a guy Vikings fans clamor is washed, it is interesting to note that his supposed zero separation is not as bad as they would claim it is.

Sure, his best days are likely behind him, but he certainly does not appear to be done just yet.

Could very well still have a bit of gas in the tank, and hopefully the Panthers use it to their advantage. At the least, his veteran presence and red zone production is a positive add to a young WR room, and a great swiss army knife for a rookie QB to utilize.

Meyers had elite separation too. That's what excellent route running does for you.

That's why I roll my eyes when people whine about the Thielen signing. You don't lose elite route running ability. 

• Pie 2