• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich/Fitterer noon press conference

TheSpecialJuan

47 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

The whole point of draft is to create excitement and uncertainty.

No, it's not. The whole point of the draft is for teams to add young, cheap talent to their rosters. The whole point of the draft process is to decide who they want from the pool of players available at their picks. Now, do NFL officials and owners want excitement and uncertainty? Yep, because it makes them more money in ratings/sports betting.

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

These certainly feel like "intentional leaks" for opposing teams.... It has been reported that the Texans want Bryce... this could be us enticing them to make the deal. 

Why can't the Texans' interest in Young be fake? I mean it's not like their FO might be pushing the Young narrative hard to get a team(say Indy since they're in the same division and need a QB too) to jump them for a QB they don't want and ensuring they get their guy while hurting another team in the process. People, not necessarily you, have taken it that the Texans' interest in Young is the 100% gospel truth but at the same time are quick to point out it's lying season when it comes to interest from the Panthers in players that those fans don't want.

Anyway, all abroad the Ahlers 2023 train!

East Carolina Football GIF by ECU Athletics

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Intestine that we're intent on waiting until after the draft for Burns' extension. I know Fitts said they're not looking to trade any current players but the strength of this draft class on paper are the TEs and edge rushers. Almost makes me wonder if the right guy is there at #39 could we trade Burns of we can get an offer close to what the Rams made us? I know we turned it down at the time but things change and I have to think that a wheeler and dealer like Fitts is going to try to recoup some of that draft capital we gave up to get to #1.

intestine?  yuck

48 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Fitt: the QB has to be able to throw the ball

Huddle: OMG! Young throws the ball! It’s Young!

Yeah sure that’s what’s happening here.

”It comes down to leadership. Guys that can process quickly. Accuracy. Someone who can run the team, get you in and out of plays. It’s not just about making throws; it’s about managing the game at the line of scrimmage. It’s about doing all the little things right during the week.

Game tape’s what’s most important. Hopefully, it’s 2 or 3 years of production…That’s really who the guy is.”

Ok, gun to your head which of the 4 QBs does that best describe?

God forbid people point out he just described Bryce Young lol. Let’s all just go hide under a rock until draft lest we offend your sensibilities. Huddle logic indeed.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

”It comes down to leadership. Guys that can process quickly. Accuracy. Someone who can run the team, get you in and out of plays. It’s not just about making throws; it’s about managing the game at the line of scrimmage. It’s about doing all the little things right during the week.

Game tape’s what’s most important. Hopefully, it’s 2 or 3 years of production…That’s really who the guy is.”

God forbid people point out he just described Bryce Young lol. Let’s all just go hide under a rock until draft lest we offend your sensibilities. Huddle logic indeed.

I don't see how you can say that describes Young over Stroud or vice versa. It fits for both. I feel like you're arguing with way too much conviction for such ambiguous statements.

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

These certainly feel like "intentional leaks" for opposing teams.... It has been reported that the Texans want Bryce... this could be us enticing them to make the deal. 

We all compete against each other. QB is by far, the most important position. So much so that we were willing to trade a lot to have a chance to draft the best one.

We have this QB want to take because he is the top of our evaluation, but you know what? we will give him to you instead if you give us more picks. Even if that was the plan (I highly doubt it) the Texans are not that dumb to believe it. They will just stay at 2.

If we think these QBs are that close and interchangeable, why wouldn't the Texans think so as well? at that point, why would they give us anything?

15 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

He would just say Young if he wanted to be so bold right? We hold the top pick and if he is convinced Young checks all the boxes then just say it. He described a prototypical QB. If they are making you think it’s a QB without saying it, then what’s the point of that? 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I don't see how you can say that describes Young over Stroud or vice versa. It fits for both. I feel like you're arguing with way too much conviction for such ambiguous statements.

If you feel it is that ambiguous between Young and Stroud then I don’t think you have really looked at their strengths as prospects and to what degree they were asked to do certain things within their respective offenses. I’m not making a statement about which way they’re leaning, and sure Stroud is accurate and does a lot of things well. However, there is little doubt that today Scott Fitterer best described Bryce Young’s strengths. The processing, accuracy, getting in and out of plays, managing the game at the line of scrimmage, doing all the little things right during the week. It reads like a bullet point list of all the Bryce Young talking points. The only one he was missing was the “creativity” and some sort of Mahomes comparison.

• Pie 2