• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson requests trade

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Watching what's happened with LJ is a lesson to every other player about trying to do it yourself with a mega contract and what not to do. He has botched this just about every way possible. 

Someone did a breakdown of all the money Lamar has left on the table with the way he has handled this whole situation for the past couple of years and it was astounding. It was probably Florio. Seems like a Florio thing to do.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, scpanther22 said:

He'll never be able to prove it but no doubt in the mind the owners came together on not giving another player that Watson contract 

I honestly don't think they had to. If this was the MVP version of Lamar someone would've broke rank and done it anyway even if they were attempting collusion. 

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I’m starting to wonder if he’ll find a team this season. Could be a disaster. 

The Ravens have a franchise offer on the table.  If he doesn't sign it, he doesn't play.  That's what the franchise tag is all about.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is where a professional agent comes in. Lamar is probably surrounded by a bunch of yes men just telling him what he wants to hear. You don't need to give some scum agent 3%. That's crazy. That'll be millions. You can do this yourself. You're a young, former MVP QB. They're gonna give you that bag.

But he didn't have anyone telling him that he's had two injury plagued seasons. That his play has significantly tailed off since his MVP season. That the NFL is wondering if his best days are behind him. That damn, the Ravens have a pretty strong offer on the table might wanna sign it.  Maybe most importantly, he didn't have anyone with NFL front office connections around the league to have behind the scenes conversations to gauge his worth among other teams. If he did, that agent would've probably been SCREAMING at him to sign the Ravens' offer.

He needed an agent two years ago. No way an agent lets him play year 4 of the rookie deal for like $2M as an MVP winner and then play on a 5th year option for $17M or so. He wouldn’t have had a contract issue. He’d be in year 3 of his new deal this year so $$$$s in the bank instead of having two years of missing playoffs due to injuries and the Ravens questioning if he’s worth it.

• Pie 6

Just now, WhoKnows said:

He needed an agent two years ago. No way an agent lets him play year 4 of the rookie deal for like $2M as an MVP winner and then play on a 5th year option for $17M or so. He wouldn’t have had a contract issue. He’d be in year 3 of his new deal this year so $$$$s in the bank instead of having two years of missing playoffs due to injuries and the Ravens questioning if he’s worth it.

He has utterly botched the fug out of this.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I’m confused, does he not realize he’s been available for trade for a while now? I don’t feel bad for him and hope nobody caves to his ridiculous demands like the Browns did with Watson. Imagine turning down an offer that would have made you the highest paid in the league at the time, over $50m/year and over half of it guaranteed. Oh no, the team might cut you in the final year if you’re not performing and you don’t see $20m or some bs? Boo fugging hoo. Pure greed and sheer idiocy.

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I’m confused, does he not realize he’s been available for trade for a while now?

I mean not really? Teams could offer him a huge contract and Baltimore had every chance to match it, this makes it very clear he does not want to be in Baltimore anymore.