• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or GoogleĀ accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account.Ā 

Members receive fewer adsĀ , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ā 

High character players with football intelligence

Mr. Scot

The idea that the Patriots had a run because they drafted "smart" players is ludacris,(They drafted Aaron Hernandez) and crafty marketing to appeal to the snobby fugs in the Boston/New England area that think they are more intelligentĀ than everyone else in the country.Ā Ā They were winners because they had Tom Brady and the league let their offensive line get away with holding to protect Brady. TheĀ Patriots are about as mid as a team can be in the post Brady years, presumably they have the same draft process.Ā 

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I mean we just had Rhule who wanted to sell the farm to get Watson so...

Tepper and Fitt wanted to sell the farm to get Watson, along with more than a few other teams...

Ā 

No coach is going to admit to wanting or even accepting low character players without football intelligence so I wouldn't read much into this. If a guy helps us win and isn't a locker room issue I don't really care what he does off the field. I still think we got fuged over hard by the Hardy situation. He was a complete idiot but if the league didn't steal him along with that $14M in cap space from us in 2014 I honestly think we could've beaten that Seahawks team and gone further.Ā 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reich...

Love the sound of that šŸ˜

One of the reasons the Patriots had such a good runĀ  was an emphasis on smart players. They put a premium on football intelligence, and it looks like we're going to do the same.

I'm all for it.

Given that heā€™s a pastor it makes sense.Ā 

• Pie 1

ESPN put out a 7 round mock today that has us taking that kid from Army in the 3rd.

I'd be all for that, clearly someone who is going to be of high character and willing to put in the work to be great, and he has a ton of potential as a pass rusher as well.

Would love it if we ended up drafting him.

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

The idea that the Patriots had a run because they drafted "smart" players is ludacris,(They drafted Aaron Hernandez) and crafty marketing to appeal to the snobby fugs in the Boston/New England area that think they are more intelligentĀ than everyone else in the country.Ā Ā They were winners because they had Tom Brady and the league let their offensive line get away with holding to protect Brady. TheĀ Patriots are about as mid as a team can be in the post Brady years, presumably they have the same draft process.Ā 

Quick Tip: Learn how to spell words like "ludicrous" before you try to use them.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

27 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Show us on the doll where Ben Affleck and Matt Damon touched you.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Quick Tip: Learn how to spell words like "ludicrous" before you try to use them.

Its so weird really, to critique a persons grammar (spell check, really) on a football forum in 2023. Why waste your preciousĀ time on Earth doing that? You got the 'main idea' of the post, no? Then the (human to human) communication was effective. God bless.

Ā 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1