• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cynthia Frelund with an interesting analytics look at CJ Stroud and Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

All you have to do is look at the Vegas odds. Stroud is a heavy favorite (I’m in Westgate Sports Book in Vegas right now.). Vegas isn’t wrong. As much as I would be happy with Bryce it’s fairly obvious Stroud will be the pick. 

Stroud models his game after Brees and Brady and likes getting the ball out fast. That would be a huge, welcome change in the Carolinas and im all for it. Have we ever had a QB like that? I guess Mayfield but he sucked at it. Cam Darnold and Jake all loved holding the ball as long as possible. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, stratocatter said:

Too bad AR wasn’t two years older this year. He’d probably be filled out and more experienced and here we sit. 
Can’t play around though, considering the investment made to acquire this year’s pick. 

Wishing AR had more years of successful experience is basically like wishing Young was 6’4”, if they were the case, we wouldn’t be sitting at #1 because the Bears would have kept it and traded Fields.

I think the combo of Stroud and You g are as good of prospects as you’re ever going to find in a year you could trade for the #1 pick, any better and the team with it is taking them and trading their current QB

• Pie 2

On 3/31/2023 at 8:23 AM, frankw said:

I have to agree. For me if I'm going to risk it all I'd rather shoot for the moon with Richardson. Of all the top QB's Bryce is the only one with durability concerns and skipped the combine. But Stroud is the best option for what we want to do on offense.

See this is what we’re doing. 85-90 percent of the board is Stroud (for some lazy reason) and it’s ok to criticize every single tid bit of Youngs game and then when things get hairy, use lazy cop outs like “oh I’ll be happy with either but prefer Stroud”.

Why? Why do we all just hope and pray that he’s “this next coming of Burrow” fine point out Youngs flaws to the moon but AT LEAST acknowledge that Stroud is VERY MUCH likely projected to end up in that Cousins/Carr/ Dak/ “non elite but good” qb group. I’m personally not trading up to one for an ok option . Get rich or die tryin.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

See this is what we’re doing. 85-90 percent of the board is Stroud (for some lazy reason) and it’s ok to criticize every single tid bit of Youngs game and then when things get hairy, use lazy cop outs like “oh I’ll be happy with either but prefer Stroud”.

Why? Why do we all just hope and pray that he’s “this next coming of Burrow” fine point out Youngs flaws to the moon but AT LEAST acknowledge that Stroud is VERY MUCH likely projected to end up in that Cousins/Carr/ Dak/ “non elite but good” qb group. I’m personally not trading up to one for an ok option . Get rich or die tryin.

I don't agree with the Dak Prescott Kirk Cousins comp and definitely not Carr. We don't know what Stroud's floor or ceiling is. Same with Young. They both have proven nothing at the NFL level. So let me break for this down for you and the rest of your honestly Branch Davidianesque pro Bryce Young brethren here. Before we traded up to #1 I had no dog in the fight between BY or CJS. Not an OSU fan not an Alabama fan. But once we made the trade and gave up what we did I wanted us to take either the best pure passer and football mind or the guy with physical intangibles through the roof. I've been open to options. But when you start dissecting things and looking at the prospects the one thing you notice is instead of Bryce Young saying you know what fug this I am who I am accept me draft me or don't he shrunk in the moment and stood around in a hoodie while the rest of the prospects went through the combine. Then he pulled another lame move in skipping the weigh in at his own pro day. He is legitimately shady about his one huge concern and for what we gave up that's a huge gamble for me. It outweighs any concerns I have with Stroud and even someone like Anthony Richardson.

If you got a problem with that. Well...

Instagram Fighting GIF by Holly Logan

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

On 4/1/2023 at 3:34 PM, amcoolio said:

All you have to do is look at the Vegas odds. Stroud is a heavy favorite (I’m in Westgate Sports Book in Vegas right now.). Vegas isn’t wrong. As much as I would be happy with Bryce it’s fairly obvious Stroud will be the pick. 

Stroud models his game after Brees and Brady and likes getting the ball out fast. That would be a huge, welcome change in the Carolinas and im all for it. Have we ever had a QB like that? I guess Mayfield but he sucked at it. Cam Darnold and Jake all loved holding the ball as long as possible. 

At this time last year, vegas had Hutchinson going 1st. Walker ended up being the pick. Vegas had it wrong at that time. 

vegas also had the NBA draft wrong. Banchero was the 3rd best odd & ended up being the pick. 

So yes Vegas is wrong plenty of times. 

24 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

NAILED IT! 
they are the ones quick to lash out at anyone supporting bryce then quickly coming back with the “I’ll be ok if we pick bryce” or “I have no dog in the fight” only to follow with Bryce bashing lmao.

Some may need to be on suicide watch draft night. Lol 

• The D 1
  • Poo 2