• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better than Trevor Lawrence

bobcat91

54 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Lawrence turned me completely off of him when he expressed his lack of a desire to be great. That football was just a job to him. 

fug that. 

Yeah that flew under the radar for such an entitled comment to make. There were literally hundreds of QB's busting their ass around the country the same year hoping for that draft pick and he acted like he could take it or leave it. Zach Wilson was another who didn't get prodded at over his leadership/character at all and it seems like everyone on the team and staff in NY can't stand the guy. 

17 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I was never super high on Lawrence like everyone else. Count me as someone who has liked Stroud more. 

I honestly wasn't super high on Lawrence either. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was a good prospect and a worthy #1 overall pick but I didn't get the hype about him being the generational type prospect that he was touted to be by most of the media.

He impressed me in the 2nd half against the Chargers in the playoffs this year. After having quite possibly the worst half I've ever seen a QB play in the 1st half (and honestly that's not an exaggeration) he bounced back big time in the 2nd half and led the Jags to (an admittedly undeserved) win. That game showed me the guy is gonna make it. 

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah that flew under the radar for such an entitled comment to make. There were literally hundreds of QB's busting their ass around the country the same year hoping for that draft pick and he acted like he could take it or leave it. Zach Wilson was another who didn't get prodded at over his leadership/character at all and it seems like everyone on the team and staff in NY can't stand the guy. 

I only remember him saying football doesn’t define who he is as a person. A completely different thing.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Martin said:

I only remember him saying football doesn’t define who he is as a person. A completely different thing.

This. You guys read into things what you want, which isn’t out of the normal. 

His comment was based on him having confidence in himself as a person outside of football. That if he lost football today, he would be fine because of his faith and knows life has more to offer than just football. I guess people can spin anything negatively… lol

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, Martin said:

My opinion was from watching the interview in which he actually said what he said.  

No spin. 

I don't base opinions off bullshit. I don't put spin on things. I'm a shoot from the hip, don't sugar coat it. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Poo 1