• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PETER KING with the latest: there are several within Panthers organization that favor Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'd rather our coaches coach up Stroud to his full potential and have a full playbook than spend half their energy game planning around Youngs limitations. Young stans can't deny that he will limit the playbook and force the O-line to be near perfect so he can have his 3 second scramble/8 yard drop back game work at the NFL level

Yup, and again, as the advanced stats pointed out, he struggled the most out of all of the top QB prospects in completing throws to the sidelines...  combining that inability with the troubles he'll have seeing over NFL-sized lines for the middle of the field throws, then I just don't see the appeal.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

He didnt even say in the article they were picking Young, he pretty much confirmed the rumors that Stroud is the favorite BUT Reich could be convinced on Young since people in the building like him which is no surprise. King has been on Young train from the beginning this is just more stirring the pot when you read the article.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

In the big picture -- aren't we going to be mostly happy with whomever we pick out of the top QB prospects?

I have concerns about all of them. With Young my concern is will he make it through a full nfl season.  With Stroud it is will he transition to the nfl from being a half field read OSU system. With Levis its he weird. With AR it's he's raw. I will not be comfortable with any of them until they make it through their first year as a starter.  I'm glad I do not have to make the call.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

In the big picture -- aren't we going to be mostly happy with whomever we pick out of the top QB prospects?

I will, I have a preference, but the minute that name is announced my full allegiance will got to that player.

• Pie 1

Heads up for people keeping track this stuff, Todd Mcshay said he had a source that he trusted and never been wrong on qbs who told him panthers were going Young up till last week. He just released his new mock and has switched it to Stroud. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

25 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Heads up for people keeping track this stuff, Todd Mcshay said he had a source that he trusted and never been wrong on qbs who told him panthers were going Young up till last week. He just released his new mock and has switched it to Stroud. 

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Stroud playing Madden '18 online last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Stroud playing Madden '18 online last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

It should be either your brother's sister's cousin or your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.