• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JT O'Sullivan's QB Rankings for 2023

Ricky Spanish

25 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Didn't Stroud lose his WR's due to injuries and he still pulled off a win in GA game even with the lack of his targets. 

he didn't pull off a win, but it wasn't his fault that they didn't win. guy did an incredible performance without his best receivers.

Just now, rayzor said:

he didn't pull off a win, but it wasn't his fault that they didn't win. guy did an incredible performance without his best receivers.

I redid post wording. I made error saying a win. I was on another train of thought when I was typing post.

"Didn't Stroud lose his WR's due to injuries and lost against GA but he still managed to stay in the game staying competitive."

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

The Herbert hate that year from some was wild. A lot of people blame Oregon not letting his show his skillset better for it, but he killed a lot of these amateur scouts credibility that year.

Yeah to assume CJ's Georgia game was a one off is just weird to me. Bryce has to play like that against all competition just to get off plays. Maybe CJ was asked to stay in the pocket. If he tried to run/scramble and was bad at it I'd understand, but he was good at it when he did do it. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah to assume CJ's Georgia game was a one off is just weird to me. Bryce has to play like that against all competition just to get off plays. Maybe CJ was asked to stay in the pocket. If he tried to run/scramble and was bad at it I'd understand, but he was good at it when he did do it. 

I just don't think he was asked to do it very often. Sooo much of the tape shows insanely clean pockets with uber-talented WRs running free all over the place...something he will not be as fortunate to have in the NFL. 

I think Day's offense was built around CJ's strengths, he made reads pretty quick with the option routes built-in and had weapons everywhere.

This is the clear knock on his transition to the NFL....can he perform at elite levels when the noise is all around him?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

Bryce Young is not Steph Curry. Steph Curry is 6'2. 

On scale with his opponents, Bryce is similar to Steph Curry. Have you seen football players stand beside shooting guards or bigger? 

Tracy McGrady vs Chad Ochocinco

image.jpeg.9c9576415d4dd04e1ec862d87f1f9847.jpeg

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It means he throws guys open

I get that. Sometimes, "throwing guys open" in college is throwing interceptions in the NFL. If our staff think he's got the arm strength to overcome the speed and anticipation of NFL secondaries and LBs, I'm good with him.

• Pie 1

I don't remember the Cam draft having this many insane fanbois. You can't even talk about one of Young or Stroud without some completely retarded pissing match breaking out. Did I somehow miss us ending up with the #1 overall pick?

I must have because the level of butthurt about the POTENTIAL of our pick not going one group or the other's way is lightspeed crazy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Pup McBarky said:

What does he mean by "high anticipatory throws?" Does that mean Young places the ball at a spot where his receiver will be 3 strides from then? 5 strides? Is he proficient at this because he literally doesn't have the arm strength to zip it into a tight window? That's my concern. Smart players learn to compensate for deficiencies. If he can't zip a throw into a tight window, he won't do well in the NFL. 

Anticipation is a good thing.  Stroud does it as well.  Every QB in the NFL needs some level of anticipation to succeed in the league.  You can't just wait for guys to get open and THEN try to throw it.  NFL QBs have to throw to a spot and trust their guy to win the route.

• Pie 1