• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton gives a list of QB's he would back up for...

CamWhoaaCam

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

I feel like Cam has gone about this all wrong.

Unintended consequence might be to take him off the radar for teams he didn't name.

Newton stated that his phone hasn't rung since he threw at Auburn's Pro Day. Guessing he expected that it would, but it sounds like there's just no market for him.

This is clearly another attempt to create one, but I'm not sure it's gonna work anymore than the pro day thing did.

It's now beginning to feel like Cam needs the paychecks. 

I still say it is disastrous to have the most charismatic person on your team as your back-up QB. Even if all of Cam's other skills have faded with age and injury, that charisma still remains, if not shines brighter. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's now beginning to feel like Cam needs the paychecks. 

I still say it is disastrous to have the most charismatic person on your team as your back-up QB. Even if all of Cam's other skills have faded with age and injury, that charisma still remains, if not shines brighter. 

Cam has a big personality, which totally works if you're the #1 guy, but is a total team distraction if you're the #2 guy.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The list for those who don't watch the video...

Browns- Deshaun Watson

Whatever team Lamar Jackson plays for

Bears- Justin Fields

Dolphins- Tua 

Titans- Malik Willis

The 3 rookies- Stroud, Young, AR

Eagles- Jalen Hurts

Packers/Jets- Aaron Rodgers

Bills- Josh Allen

Commanders- Sam Howell

There's a theme here, but I can't put my finger on it.

1 hour ago, Cullenator said:

Anyone who wouldn’t welcome Cam’s infectious nature on the sidelines and in the locker room misses one of Cam’s greatest strengths 

If the only thing Cam brings over other backups is his personality there aren't many / any teams that would use a roster spot on him.

A few of those teams he named could definitely use his veteran presence and experience but I fear that actions like this list reinforce what I felt were untrue opinions about his willingness to be a team player for any team.  I think he has bad advisors and it makes me sad because I think he's still good for a few games as a backup per year and in goal line, and he has a lot he can teach younger players imo.  But how many teams want a back up that will openly state they are only willing to play for a few teams... Comes off as arrogant.