• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I believe the pick will be AR-15

philw5289

If we get Richardson it is essentially telling the fanbase to check out for the next 1 to 2 seasons. 
I think the FO thinks we are close enough to be ready to be a playoff team next season even with a rookie QB. 
No way they get Richardson and expect the fanbase and Tepper to just patiently wait till he is ready. Which may be never. 
If we were still at 9 or if we had an incumbent starter who is aging out and we needed to find his long term replacement I would be okay with Richardson. 
But not at #1 and not with Dalton as a potential starter. 
We need a rookie with potential to start day one. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If we get Richardson it is essentially telling the fanbase to check out for the next 1 to 2 seasons. 
I think the FO thinks we are close enough to be ready to be a playoff team next season even with a rookie QB. 
No way they get Richardson and expect the fanbase and Tepper to just patiently wait till he is ready. Which may be never. 
If we were still at 9 or if we had an incumbent starter who is aging out and we needed to find his long term replacement I would be okay with Richardson. 
But not at #1 and not with Dalton as a potential starter. 
We need a rookie with potential to start day one. 

Especially after bringing in the guys we did on offense. Why waste them?

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Right now, my expectations basically breakdown:

50% Young

45% Stroud

5% Richardson

Anyone else would be absolutely shocking.

Mine are

80% Young

15% Richardson

5% Stroud 

It’s hard to put a percentage number on the power of reason #2

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

This isnt a awful idea. The huddle will hate it because its a gamble. Boom or bust.l.. No middle ground.But your talking about a guy with unseen talent in a class where there is no sure fire number 1 guy. There are safe and decent prospects but no cant miss. At Young and Strouds best thats what they are.... AT ARs best hes a generational talent. 

I almost pie'd this.

To me if Richardson anywhere near pans out he's a superstar. That said the more I watch Stroud (and specifically his trajectory) the more I think he could easily be a perennial top 10 QB in the NFL.

I think Young will bust - but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

You deserve your right to your opinion, and unlike some Huddlers, you provide your reasons for your thinking.  I am sorry you were called an idiot for thinking this--our moderators should not tolerate that, according to what they have said in the past.

Having said that, I think this is a stretch.

I really like this reply

• Pie 3

Josh Norris has said a few times he regrets choosing to do the Purdy breakdown with Mccown over the Richardson video because he would have gotten so many clicks.

If it’s Richardson at least we are swinging for the fences, I’ll be sad it’s not Bryce because the more I watch I see Greatness, but Richardson would be fun in the unlikely circumstance we do go that way.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

Especially after bringing in the guys we did on offense. Why waste them?

Why waste what? We've simply upgraded our WR and TE rooms to lower-mid league standard.

It had to be done regardless of who we drafted to play QB.