• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday Ticket pricing for YouTube announced

PanthersATL

4 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

Before Youtube sells NFL package for September,  they need to figure out their deal with MLB that they lost and still raised prices.. 

No poo.  Baseball is a mf to watch unless you follow one of the "big name" teams that get on ESPN all the time.

5 hours ago, t96 said:

So overpriced to watch 17 fuging games but as an out of market fan it's that or going to a bar every Sunday (which I did for years before getting directv sunday ticket streaming using a college enrolled family member's email). Really was hoping they'd open it up to have the streaming package AND adding cable packages (like the NHL and NBA do). $350 is absurd. At least offer a single team option for like $100 but nope they have to be a bunch of pricks

But if you know you're going to get it, do it early and get it for $250.

But unless you barely ordered anything when going to a bar for games, you're getting it way cheaper this way.  Since the pandemic I just started finding free streams of the games since it worked that first year and just been easier since, but before that I'd go to the bar and usually spend at least $25, if not upwards of $40 or more if I had an extra beer or two than usual.

If you factor in a couple Panthers games being either national or available for you if out of market, and say you needed to go to the bar for 15 games a year, at only $25 spent each week, that's still $25 more than the $350 price, and if you sign up earlier, that's another $100 saved.

All that isn't even considering any other games you could watch if wanted, such as for fantasy purposes.

This seems like a great deal.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

But unless you barely ordered anything when going to a bar for games, you're getting it way cheaper this way.  Since the pandemic I just started finding free streams of the games since it worked that first year and just been easier since, but before that I'd go to the bar and usually spend at least $25, if not upwards of $40 or more if I had an extra beer or two than usual.

If you factor in a couple Panthers games being either national or available for you if out of market, and say you needed to go to the bar for 15 games a year, at only $25 spent each week, that's still $25 more than the $350 price, and if you sign up earlier, that's another $100 saved.

All that isn't even considering any other games you could watch if wanted, such as for fantasy purposes.

It'll be $350 for me doing it early, I don't have youtube tv and am not signing up, already pay a crap ton for cable. It's a drop in the bucket at the end of the day for me, really more about the principle. I get it, supply and demand and people (myself included) will pay what they're charging but it's a big fug you to the fans to not offer an alternative cable package (not everyone can or wants to stream) and a single team package for out of market fans. It's a mild step in the right direction since directv was even less accessible for most people but still a failure to take care of the fans in my opinion.

And yes I was spending more at the bars, wasn't happy about it but at the time it was my only real option. I think once I got the directv streaming set up a few years ago it was like $100 or $150 a year, that's much more reasonable (granted I was leaching off a relative's status as a college student which not only allowed the streaming package but also the discount). I don't really watch other games or do fantasy football any more. Maybe if the Panthers get really good again with the new staff and QB I'll get more into it and start watching division rivals, etc. but I kinda doubt it. I've just found better stuff to do with my time than watch other teams' games, with the exception of some primetime games which I get anyways. 

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

250 for every nfl game and the red zone is a pretty good deal

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

great to know, thanks.  Waiting until the end of the month to drop directtv and go with youtube

Yea. I think I'm in the same boat.  YouTube TV now included unlimited DVR as well. That was my biggest hangup because I don't like to watch the game live. I like to watch RZ then go back and watch our game Sunday night. 

Question for anyone with YTTV now, why can you get HBO or HBO Max? Same price, but why would they offer both?

8 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Yea. I think I'm in the same boat.  YouTube TV now included unlimited DVR as well. That was my biggest hangup because I don't like to watch the game live. I like to watch RZ then go back and watch our game Sunday night. 

Question for anyone with YTTV now, why can you get HBO or HBO Max? Same price, but why would they offer both?

I don't think HBO max offers live HBO just movies and pre recorded stuff. 

11 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Btw... Bars and Restuarants might be fuged in this deal... the bandwidth needed to broadcast all of these games on multiple TVs... thats going to be a poo ton.

Sounds like a great opportunity to make some monies selling distribution amplifiers and matrix switchers that hook up to a PC running YouTube TV in a bunch of browser tabs

Edited by hepcat