• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Just because he tries to explain himself doesn’t mean it’s logically.

Skip explains his arguments too.  
And he Does get a few right.  But you throw up enough poo at the wall.  1-2 will stick sometimes. 

The big difference for me is that Skip is an a-hole. Simms is just a bit out there at times, but seems like a good guy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

43 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

CJ has always struck me as a fraud.  Something about his interviews feels disingenuous and put me off of him. He's polite but it feels conscious, not ingrained. He is confident, but he responds with almost more of an arrogance. He seems like an odd guy trying to act like he isn't. And he isn't a good actor. I think he is another in a long line of super successful college quarterbacks that SHOULD be successful in the NFL, but he lacks the mental and emotional structure to endure the path ahead. I'm telling you, whoever drafts him is going to have a time dealing with his frustrations and he is going to likely see plenty of those early on. I'm not Nostradamus, but I feel pretty confident in my ability to judge a person. I could be wrong. But he is going to need a strong support group behind the scenes and he is going to have to be willing to work at the mental aspects of being a professional athlete.

(For the record I wasn't one of the guys that felt that way about Cam pre-draft. I was worried about his play style translating, but he seemed like a fun, genuine, and ambitious guy from the jump.)

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

CJ has always struck me as a fraud.  Something about his interviews feels disingenuous and put me off of him. He's polite but it feels conscious, not ingrained. He is confident, but he responds with almost more of an arrogance. He seems like an odd guy trying to act like he isn't. And he isn't a good actor. 

Does he have a fake smile too?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I do feel like I should mention that while the Bryce smoke seems to have leveled up in the past week or so, Joe Person first made mention of a buzz building around Bryce to Carolina in his article about the Owner's Meetings a few weeks ago. So this doesn't seem random too me nor do I think it's some long drawn out smokescreen to try and get Houston to trade up. 

15 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

CJ has always struck me as a fraud.  Something about his interviews feels disingenuous and put me off of him. He's polite but it feels conscious, not ingrained. He is confident, but he responds with almost more of an arrogance. He seems like an odd guy trying to act like he isn't. And he isn't a good actor. I think he is another in a long line of super successful college quarterbacks that SHOULD be successful in the NFL, but he lacks the mental and emotional structure to endure the path ahead. I'm telling you, whoever drafts him is going to have a time dealing with his frustrations and he is going to likely see plenty of those early on. I'm not Nostradamus, but I feel pretty confident in my ability to judge a person. I could be wrong. But he is going to need a strong support group behind the scenes and he is going to have to be willing to work at the mental aspects of being a professional athlete.

(For the record I wasn't one of the guys that felt that way about Cam pre-draft. I was worried about his play style translating, but he seemed like a fun, genuine, and ambitious guy from the jump.)

I always struggle with the Lombardies of the world trashing a young man 2-3 weeks, on que, before the draft. And maybe he is correct and someone else will back it up. Until then I will chose to not take it seriously. Never heard anything bad about his character before.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I always struggle with the Lombardies of the world trashing a young man 2-3 weeks, on que, before the draft. And maybe he is correct and someone else will back it up. Until then I will chose to not take it seriously. Never heard anything bad about his character before.

I agree here. Very uncool to tear a guy down with hearsay weeks before the draft.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

I don't know if I go so far as label him a fraud, but I do feel something disingenuous about him when he gives interviews.  Maybe it's how he mentions Jesus/God after every question, almost like he's hamming it up for the camera ... I don't know.   Just something feels off and not as natural as when Bryce is giving interviews.  Bryce looks to be a Christian too, but at least he doesn't air it out every time he speaks.  Though, it could just be something as simple as he hasn't been coached on good public relations. (case in point when he mentioned both Michael Vick and Deshaun Watson)

I love CJ as a prospect so I'm not trying to bash him but I'm glad I'm not the only one who has felt this way.  I was on the fence with these prospects, but I think this combined with Bryce's intelligence, preparedness, and professionalism has pushed him over the edge for me as my #1 despite the size difference.

As for Lombardi ... pretty shitty to knowingly throw this out there so close to the draft.  It's almost like someone has paid him for this hit piece or fishing for views for his little known network with sensational headlines.

Anyway, can't wait for the start of the season, I'm pumped!

• Pie 3

36 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Haven't seen many interviews other than one he did with Rick Spielman and I actually agree with you. I wasn't buying his responses. 

5 hours ago, Martin said:

I struggle with Mike Lombardi in particular. His takes are very hit or miss.

And yeah, I've not heard of a single character issue with Stroud.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

You're wasted here if you can tell all of that from an interview.